AMD 12.6 beta drivers screwed up USB drivers

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • USB
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
August 29, 2012 4:22:07 AM

Hello,

I have an integrated 4200 chipset, and recently updated drivers to the new 12.6 beta. Everything installed fine, but afterwards I tried using a SanDisk USB SD memory card adapter. I don't know what went wrong, but I do know that the USB mass storage drivers in the device manager has a yellow triangle next to it, and it told me that it could not initialize the drivers until I unplugged the USB device.

I already tried that, and it keeps telling me that the device is not recognized, and that if it wont work that I should replace the hardware. I find it ridiculous that video drivers would screw with USB drivers, but I am not that knowledgable in the driver field.

Help!

Dillon

More about : amd beta drivers screwed usb drivers

a b \ Driver
August 29, 2012 9:08:47 AM

SITONU said:
Hello,

I have an integrated 4200 chipset, and recently updated drivers to the new 12.6 beta. Everything installed fine, but afterwards I tried using a SanDisk USB SD memory card adapter. I don't know what went wrong, but I do know that the USB mass storage drivers in the device manager has a yellow triangle next to it, and it told me that it could not initialize the drivers until I unplugged the USB device.

I already tried that, and it keeps telling me that the device is not recognized, and that if it wont work that I should replace the hardware. I find it ridiculous that video drivers would screw with USB drivers, but I am not that knowledgable in the driver field.

Help!

Dillon

Windows restore (prior to the update) or
Refresh the USB Stack

a. Bring up - Device Manager –

b. Expand USB Serial Controllers - RIGHT CLICK on EVERYTHING and UNINSTALL
all except the category itself.

c. REBOOT the computer. This refreshes the drive and the USB stack
m
l
!