Sign in with
Your question

sorry!another SAD news for AMD fans

Last response: in CPUs
June 6, 2008 5:06:06 AM

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&ta...

as it said in this article it wont make a appearance in the eagerly awaited computex 08.infact it will be available at the end of this year.but note it said in the article that it MIGHT! become available in OCT/NOV so even the website is not so confident about AMD's release date.

its also comfirm that it wont be compete with what it WAS suppose to compete Nehalem from Intel.looks like intel has won the war without fighting it.

More about : sad news amd fans

June 6, 2008 6:29:43 AM

Denab was never meant to compete with Nahalem. Shanghigh I think its called is meant to, Denab is just a die shrink for cheapers/better yeilds to help AMD recover.
June 6, 2008 7:21:30 AM

^ I'm not particularly worried myself. I have faith in AMD. Intel has won the battle, not the war. If Intel wins the war, it means AMD is done with mainstream CPUs.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2008 9:29:55 AM

No, never give up hope! AMD is reducing die size so it can compete with Intel in price. Since the die is so much smaller AMD can undercut Intel's cost... except there's one problem peoples, how good is Propus?
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2008 9:44:47 AM

Fuad's English is better than the OP's ... lol !!

a b à CPUs
June 6, 2008 9:52:13 AM

^ ROFL
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2008 11:54:25 AM

I'm just happy to hear AMD is finally getting the core speeds up to and over 3GHz. About time...
June 6, 2008 12:49:28 PM

well at least i AMD is bringing something out.time will tell.
June 6, 2008 1:09:30 PM

Reynod said:
Fuad's English is better than the OP's ... lol !!

so what defines good english?i wonder......

faith?hum....im surprise that AMD has let their fans down so many times and you lot still believe in them............ :pt1cable: 
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
June 6, 2008 1:18:50 PM

chunkymonster said:
I'm just happy to hear AMD is finally getting the core speeds up to and over 3GHz. About time...

Don't hold your breath. Remember AMD showcased and talked about their 3GHz Phenoms before launch? Then BAM. 2.4GHz. With SOME that OC'ed to 3GHz. but maybe it will be able to....or at least we hope it will...
June 6, 2008 1:19:36 PM

Whether your an Intel fanboy or AMD, you had better hope they bring something to the fight soon. If they go under we all lose. If it were not for AMD, we'd all be sitting here talking about the new Pentium 4 just around the corner. I run Intel in most of my computers and I used to run AMD, before that Intel, so I hope AMD comes out with something to take back the top spot. I'm a whore to technology I don't care who makes it, as long as there is competition we all win.
June 6, 2008 1:20:27 PM

iluvgillgill said:
so what defines good english?i wonder......

faith?hum....im surprise that AMD has let their fans down so many times and you lot still believe in them............ :pt1cable: 

Fanboi's are fanboi's I have most of them on ignore, with regards that they generally bring specualtion and fortunetelling which for the last 3 years has been completely incorrect in all aspects.

Word, Playa.
June 6, 2008 1:27:46 PM

It appears that the CPU market will be lead by Intel. What will AMD's response be to the Atom, Isaiah, if the ultra low power EEPC type of computer takes off.
June 6, 2008 2:06:44 PM

PROTIP: Spaces go after ALL punctuation, the shift key is on the bottom left.
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2008 2:24:57 PM

gill we just don't need any more fanboi hype ... fanning the flames doesn't help.

It's tough life for some of the AMDites at present.

We need a bit of reassurance.

*blows nose*

xcetera you should read THG ... there are some answers on the front page.

snarfies your just being mean.

spud ... your just being spud.
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2008 2:41:25 PM

Reynod said:
gill we just don't need any more fanboi hype ... fanning the flames doesn't help.

*blows nose*

*Blushes* At least somebody understand the AMD minority...
June 6, 2008 2:47:10 PM

cisco said:
Whether your an Intel fanboy or AMD, you had better hope they bring something to the fight soon. If they go under we all lose. If it were not for AMD, we'd all be sitting here talking about the new Pentium 4 just around the corner. I run Intel in most of my computers and I used to run AMD, before that Intel, so I hope AMD comes out with something to take back the top spot. I'm a whore to technology I don't care who makes it, as long as there is competition we all win.

/agree - I hope AMD doesn't let Intel get lazy...
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2008 3:08:34 PM

With that screen name I expect big things from you ... big things.

I like it !!!
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
June 6, 2008 3:23:24 PM

amdfangirl said:
*Blushes* At least somebody understand the AMD minority...

I understand the AMD minority, but then I woke up, smelt the coffee and realized that this rat could swim. :lol:  *Wheee, splash, hello darkside*
June 6, 2008 5:34:23 PM

when will amd get it right?
June 6, 2008 6:42:25 PM

wh3resmycar said:
when will amd get it right?

They will "get it right" at about the same time that people start accepting that what is currently available has nothing wrong.

The current Phenom 9850 easily competes with Intel chips that are in the same price range at stock and casual overclock speeds.

(And if AMD is truthful about their SB750 which will be released in a few weeks... the Phenom will be competitive at higher overclock speeds.)

Guess we'll see in a week or two. But even if that DOES happen... you'll still have Intel fans who won't accept it.
June 6, 2008 6:57:39 PM

Reynod said:

*blows nose*

Consistency is key thanks for noticeing.

Word, Playa.
!