HP Officejet 6500 E709a - Older Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nullandvoid

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hello,

After moving my work to an older computer running Vista (painful, I know...), I had to install the printer drivers for my HP Officejet 6500 E709a. The latest is version on the HP website is 14 and it does not allow my computer to scan documents. "A required software component was not found or was improperly installed." I've seen multiple posts elsewhere that it is a problem as of version 14.

Does anybody know where I can find the version 13 of that driver so I can go back to using my scanner?

Thanks!

Have you installed both the Basic & full featured drivers, with no success ?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3795314#N203

nullandvoid

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Yes. I've read multiple posts of other people having the same issue, and the most common solution was to install the drivers from the original disk sent with the printer. Unfortunately I don't have that, so I'm hoping someone can point me to a site where I can download an older version.

Thanks!

nullandvoid

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Unfortunately the Solution Center only has version 14 for download, however I cut my losses and spent $10 to order the original copy of the install disc which has Version 12, which I know works with Vista. Thanks for our responses!

stevenvangassen

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Saga,

I tried about all options mentioned above but they didn't work. The link on the website seems to be a dead end for Vista. But i have managed to download the drivers in the mean time so thanks.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.