vamplestat

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Ok after months of pitiful attempts to overclock my CPU and get it stable and trying to ask every Overclocking forum i could find on the net for help for any info/pointers of how to overclock my CPU past 3.5ghz and make it stable with out using crazy volts. i have read just about every (HOW TO) guides and none have been able to help me. the most i get told it check my Dram Ratio which i always keep at a 1:1 ratio which is best....
here are my computer specs.

MB: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P
MB ID: P45-ICH10-7A89PG0NC-00
BIOS: F8 (Newest)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, 2666 MHz
CPU alias: Wolfdale-3M
Dram: Kingston hyper X DDR2 1066 4gig
GPU: ATI 4850 512MB
Cooling: ThermalTank Big water 850i (Custom Loop)

plz iam at the point of giving up every time i ask for help i never get any. not evan some advice on were i could be going wrong or what i could try to improve my attempts. if there is anyone on here that could help plz talk to me, i mean i hear of the E7300 hitting 4ghz and some times abit more. and turn out to be very stable. oh small detail i have had several E7300s well more like 3 of them and they have all acted the same way so i know its not faulty chip no-one could be that unlucky could they lol?

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
First, need a lot more info than that;

What FSB?
What vcore?
What Multiplier?
What have you turned off in Bios?

In other words, WHAT are ALL your Bios settings?

Second, Not all chips/boards/ram can clock the same, but we'll see.

Mondoman

Splendid
Things to think about are RAM quality (if the RAM needs more than 1.9V, you're overclocking it, which won't help in running your CPU fast) and the water cooling. Water cooling normally means less or no airflow over the other MB components, so the MB won't run as fast. You can try leaving your case open and point a big table fan into it at the MB.
RJR is right about needing lots more info on what settings you have tried and what speeds you have achieved with those settings.
Finally, remember that people who don't achieve superfast speeds normally don't post their failures, so hitting 4GHz is not normal or to be expected for the average chip -- you're only hearing about the best ones.

vamplestat

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
if its as far as the cpu can go thats pretty sad really. considering ppl r getting this chip past 3.5 wid no hassles. but they dont share how they do it :-(

olddman

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
2 questions...

1- Do you believe everything you read ?

2-
First, need a lot more info than that;

What FSB?
What vcore?
What Multiplier?
What have you turned off in Bios?

In other words, WHAT are ALL your Bios settings?

Second, Not all chips/boards/ram can clock the same, but we'll see.

If you really want help and not just someplace to vent, why didn't you answer RJR's request ?

No offence ment, but your question does not have a direct answer so help the ones that are willing to help you by helping them.

vamplestat

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
dw mate no offence taken. things have been hectic and i havent had the time to get wats needed. one thing thou wats best way to get all the info needed is there like a program that can get it (doubt it) or photos be easyer?