GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H MOTHERBOARD PROBLEMS HELP NEEDED.....

vinay2008

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I TYPE ANYTHING OR PRESSING ANY KEYS ON THE KEYBOARD THE AUDIO SKIPS PLAYING ON THE BACKGROUND (EG: SONGS) IN WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER OR WINAMP.. THE CPU USAGE WAS ALMOST 0 OR 4 .... WHEN THE AUDIO SKIPS THE MOUSE POINTER SLOW DOWNS

REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP SP2.. WITH OUT INSTALLING THIRD PARTY DRIVERS
SAME PROBLEM... I HAVE SEARCHED ACROSS INTERNET AND FOUND THAT ACPI DRIVER IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM... I HAVE UPDATED THE ACPI MULTIPROCESSOR PC TO ACPI ADVANCED CONFIGURATION INTERFACE AND AFTER INSTALLING THAT IT WAS OK AND NO AUDIO SKIPS WHILE TYPING IT WAS STABLE.... BUT AGAIN ONE PROBLEM MY AMD ATHLON X2 SHOWS ONLY ONE CORE IN THE TASKMANAGER AND THE PERFORMANCE WAS DECREASED.... WHAT TO DO..UR THE ONLY SOLUTION .....

GIGABYTE IS A VERY GOOD BOARD BUT WAHT TO DO WITH THIS... I THINK THE BIOS VERSION F5 IN GA -MA78GM-S2H HAS OLD ACPI DRIVER ACPI 1.0B I THINK THIS IS THE PROBLEM AND NORTHBRIDGE IS HEATING TOO MUCH IS THERE ANY PROBLEM
WITH THAT... MY REV IS 1.0 ...>.. MY SYSTEM SHOULD BE STABLE......

vinay2008

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
AMD athlon 64x2 2.9ghz brisbane, gigabyte ga-ma-78gm-s2h

motherboard(1.0) 2gb ddr2 hynix ram( 667mhz single) xfx geforce 8600gt

512mb ddr2 card, seagate 250 gb hard disk sata 2 and seagate 80 gb sata 1

powersupply 400w enter ... but im getting only 11.892 volltage in bios for 12v ..

sony dvd dru810a dvd writer, nvidia driver version 175.19... windows xp service pack2 with full updates....

samsung sync master 17" crt monitor.....

help me pls...... sorry for caps lock on...

Alright, where to start...

Right off the bat I see a few potential problems.

The very first thing that came to mind was that your system was over heating. What are your temps and what is the airflow characteristic of your case? Are you running everything with stock cooling?

Then I saw the 400W probably generic PSU. Not a good choice. Post if you would the +12V amperage as I doubt it is enough.

Another issue you could be having is the on board GPU yelling at the after market 8600GT. Make sure to fully disable the on board graphics in the BIOS.

If you are already running the F5 BIOS you are current there and should have no problems. Please post the results from above and we can try to go from there.

vinay2008

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
hi man... mi cpu temperature is 36 when switch on the system and almost to 45-50 is that ok.... graphics card temperature is when playing 3 or 4 hours 75 or 77 .... there r no options to disable fully the onboard because it will automatically diasble the onboard when card is connected....

when i play nfs most wanted at 1024 resolution with medium settings the game frame is stuttering..... waht could be the problems..... some time no reaction while opening some folder or drives means sometime taken to open the folder or drives.... but this is not happening in vista..... i have replaced my psu to 450 w
iball but same problem.... the other problem is my kingston 4gb pendrive cannot write any data to it... means if we write any data to that after copying 10 % it will show that the path could not be found .... and it will automatically removes... but there will safety remove notification on taskbar ... when i remove from there it removes .. but the led blinks on it... but the joke is that it can copy any files to hard disk no problems.... but in my friends pc there is no problems.... i have imation 2gb pendrive it has no problems... it can copy or write to it... is it with motherboard problems....... help ... my friend has the same motherboard gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h he has also the same problems....

i should replace or ... what to do......

agefreak

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
I had the same problem... resolved it by doing a clean install of Realtek's HD Audio drivers... Just make sure that uninstall any previous drivers which windows starts using automatically after detecting this hardware.... This is a problem with the windows inbuilt sound drivers...