Isnt this a laugh?

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
On my ocz 450 watt modstream i tried to run...

amd 6400+ with mini typhoon + 90mm thermaltake led smart case fan
sapphire hd3650 512 ddr3 + Zalman VF-900cu (with desires to overclock)
4x 1gig OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Certified
Gigabyte GA-MA770 DS3 + zalman ZM-NB47J (standard heatsink as the stock one sucks)
Creative X-Fi XetremeGamer
2x DVD-RW
2x WD 160gig hd
Thermaltake Armor, with additional I-cage + fans replaced with thermaltake led smart case fan
4x fan controllers
1 12" uv light
1 12" blue light
3x usb devices

I get phantom restarts until i take out 2 of the 4 sticks of ram and take out an hd and optical drive
I need psu with a long cpu cable, as my cpu connector on the mobo is half way down the board and I have to put the cable through the heatsink :non: which makes me uncomfortable
In your honest opinions, how much wattage should I get, mind you I want a modular psu

sailer

Splendid

I'll make it simple. Since you want a modular PSU, get a Thermaltake Toughpower 750wt. Its a bit bigger then you need, but it will handle everything you have and give some room for any extras you might desire. It gets high marks from jonnyguru, http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story3&reid=7 so it can be trusted as being a good PSU. Yes, jonny marked it down on looks, but I know I could care less about how a PSU looks. I care about how it performs, and jonny rated the performance at 9.5 out of 10 and that's pretty good.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
Well these days I wouldn't try anything under 550watts, but thats just me. One thing I would look at is the memory, by first testing it with Memtest86 and do that one stick at a time. If they all pass then check the memory voltage to make sure it matches the manufacturers requirments. You may need to increase it in the BIOS just a bit to make four run stable. On your PSU cable you can by extension cables to increase lenght.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/3224/psu-174/6_24-pin_ATX_Extension_Cable.html?tl=g11c28s91

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I will, but if i can get the guy to drop to 150 then thermaltake is my best bet, around here new its 225+tax, and the 620hx is 179+tax, plus I have to order that psu cause microbytes near me doesnt have it in stock, hell they dont even have any set of ocz ram in stock -.-

Thank you for making sure I get my moneys worth :)