Votes: 2 20.0%
  • CoolerMaster V8

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

spawn_eternal

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Hi

I am looking at buying another CPU cooler for my Asus Rampage Formula motherboard and my Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6700 CPU... Please vote on the poll. Please keep cooling/noise ratios in mind....

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
personally i wouldn't touch a zalman [or any other similar design] with a ten foot pole,,because,,, all of their designs just throw their out put [heat] all over the inside of the case,thus heating up everything else,i always figure that the idea is to GET RID,, of that gpu heat not share it with the rest of my components..:)

OmegaStalker

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Has to be the V8 all the way! (shame it looks so uncool, seriously why design it like an engine?) anyways for heat control the CoolerMaster V8 or if you want a seriously cool cooler try the TRUE 120 Black 775...

Umm...

The ones being asked about are CPU coolers...

Raviolissimo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006

but you can take care of that by replacing the standard 120 mm case fan with a more high output fan like the Silverstone FM-121.

the large tower heatsinks like the TRUE and the Noctua are good at moving air through the fins and creating an airflow from the CPU heatsink right out the back of the case.

but the standard Intel fan and some heat sink designs like the Zalman CU7700 blow air right onto the components surrounding the CPU, including the memory. admittedly this air is being heated up by the CPU heatsink fan - but not much.

so, whether those components are better off with active convection using slightly heated air, or passive convection, like they get with a tower heatsink ... that would make a good article.