steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Please help this confused soul...

I recently created a new "File Type" for file extension "H" (C source header
files) and changed the "Open with" setting to that of my favorite text
editor. Now, as expected, my "H" extension files have my text editors icon
next to their names and when I double-click on an "H" extension file, the
file opens in my favorite text editor. All good so far.

Next, I created a new "File Type" for file extension "C" (C source files)
and changed the "Open with" setting to that of my favorite text editor. When
I double-click on a "C" file, the file opens in my favorite text editor as
expected, however, the "C" files icon has not changed to that of my text
editor and when I close & re-open the "File Types" dialog I do not see the
"C" extension entry at all.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steve Thompson

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Any thoughts / ideas about this puzzling behavior?

Steve Thompson