No onboard audio after P35-DS3L Rev. 2 Cpu Overclock

cmarr

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I'm a trying to overclock my Intel e2160 up to at least 3.00 GHz, but everytime I overclock that high I lose my audio. I can overclock up to 2.2 GHz, and my audio still works. I can't figure out what the problem is. I have the newest drivers from the realtek website. The motherboard bios is F8f. My overclock settings are...

Robust Graphics Booster - Auto
CPU Clock Ratio - 9x
CPU Frequency - 3.0GHz
CPU Host Frequency - 333MHz
PCI Express Freq - 100MHz
C.I.A.2 - Disabled
Performance Enhance - Standard
System Memory Multiplier - 2.4
Memory Frequency - 800

System Voltage Control - Manual
DDR2 OverVoltage Control - +0.4v (my ram is rated at 2.2v)
PCI-E OverVoltage Control - Normal
FSB OverVoltage Control - Normal
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control - Normal
CPU Voltage Control - 1.40V

All the rest of my computer components are the same as the recent $500pc on this site, except the case is different and the Ram is Crucial Ballistix. What am I doing wrong?

...and please don't tell me to go buy an audio card, I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

sajohnson22

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
I don't understand why overclocking would effect the onboard audio. I have the same mobo but with a E8400 and I can overclock as much as I want and nothing is effected. I would suggest checking your audio software settings because the HD audio software that comes with the mobo can decide when it wants to work or not.

cmarr

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I am positive that it has nothing to do with the audio settings. Because the only thing I am changing is the overclock settings. If I restore the cpu to default setting, the audio works perfectly, but if I overclock it, it just stops working. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers as well. Nothing works.

sajohnson22

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
The only other thing I could think of would be that your overclock isn't stable but other than that it is out of my knowledge. E-mail Gigabyte and see what they say. I wish I could help and good luck.

hacker91

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
set the PCI-E to 100mhz the audio codec chip cant OC any. I have this board with a E4300@ 3.0ghz flawless.. had no audio till i set the PCI-E to 100mhz.