Dish 942 HDMI output dead?

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 14, 2005 12:51:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.dbs.echostar,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I can't get video from the 942's HDMI. It is connected to a Qualia 006.
Component video works fine.
Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks,
-
Robert
August 15, 2005 3:13:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.dbs.echostar,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

With the HDMI cable connected and everything turned on, try rebooting
your 942 (push and hold the power button for about 4 seconds) and see
if that helps.

-- Andy
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:53:42 AM

"Andy" <andyp@mac.com> wrote in message
> With the HDMI cable connected and everything turned on, try rebooting
> your 942 (push and hold the power button for about 4 seconds) and see
> if that helps.
>
> -- Andy

Thanks,
turned out to be a bad cable. I can't seem to see a difference between
component and HDMI. You'd think converting from digital to analog and back
would be more noticeable.
August 15, 2005 3:58:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.dbs.echostar,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I could not use the cable that came with dish 942 unit, not could I use the cable that came with a Toshiba dvd player that had hdmi output. I went to cablestogo.com and they had a sale on hdmi to dvi cables and that one worked perfectly.

The cheap cables that came with dish and Toshiba dvd player would not trigger the tv to go into digital mode.

>>> rz<rz@inv.invalid> 08/14/05 10:51AM >>>
I can't get video from the 942's HDMI. It is connected to a Qualia 006.
Component video works fine.
Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks,
-
Robert
August 15, 2005 7:35:29 PM

On 15-Aug-2005, "rz" <rz@inv.invalid> wrote:

> I can't seem to see a difference between
> component and HDMI.

A lot depends upon the nature of the original program and format.

In my case, HDMI also means a limited number of format choices.

Using a component connection I have available the full variety of formats my
TV set provides.

With HDMI, 4:3 is always stretched in width and distorted.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 6:56:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.dbs.echostar,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Isn't that the digital receiver you have to use with the Dishnetwork TV for
the HDMI to work.

--
Jeremy
On the web at