Intel E6400 core 2 duo "problem"?

Rokkec

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Hey everyone...so straight to the point..the temperature on each of the 2 core on idle is about 65,66 Co(celsius)..When i overclock it in bios it jumps to about 70+...The thing is..why is the temperature so high even on idle with no overclocking done..cause 60+ seems a lot for just powering up a couple of programs..my specs:
jep.jpg

Im thinking of buying a new processor such as a E6700 or E6750 cause its really cheap now in my country..
What`re your suggestions?:)
ty in advance:p

Rokkec

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I`ve never really opened my PC since I got it..like almost 2 years=)
I`ll do that and check if there`s any dust there:p

Rokkec

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I just opened my box..and I was shocked xD
there Is soooo much dust here that I just can`t believe, is possible:D

neokill3r

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
My friend had the same problem, and when I cleaned off the fan and remounted it with new thermal compound, it was 25 degrees cooler. I try to clean mine every 6 months or the dust starts to stick and the compressed air doesn't take it off very good.

Had a PC 2 years and never once have you opened it to clean and blow the dust out, yet you cannot figure out why it is getting so hot? Kids, I swear what are you going to do with them? ;)

Rokkec

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Well..I didn`t open the box earlier, cause the warranty lasted for 1 year and then with time I only cleaned the dust on the surface lol xD
and today when I read the reply, I thought:why not? xD
and it is alot quiter too:p
I overclocked by 30% and it`s still like 20 degrees cooler than before:D
But I am gonna buy a better cooling system and probably a new box for better air circulation:)..tnx for the replies:D