Last response: in Motherboards
July 1, 2008 8:30:51 AM

I'm at my wits end with this new build.

PSU - RosewillRP550V2-D-SL 550W
MB - Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
CPU - Intel Wolfdale E8400 w/ stock heatsink
HDD - Seagate HDD 500GB
Case - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS

This is my first build. I cannot get any response from the MB when everything has been installed and turned on. NOTHING. No beeps, no LED's, NOTHING. This is my 2nd MB (RMA'ed through Newegg). My PSU powers my Dell perfectly, so I have ruled the PSU out as the problem. I tried to power it up using my Dell PSU with no success. Two different PSU's failed to power it up.

I have had another set of eyes look at my installation. She said everything was in order and did not know why it will not start up.

Is it possible I have gotten 2 dead MB's in a row????

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

More about : gigabyte ep35 ds3l

July 1, 2008 1:35:26 PM

The bios may need to be flashed to support wolfie. You can ask a computer store to do this for you for a small price.

Where's your ram? Try each stick in each slot until the pc posts, then load bios defaults, and set up ram to specs in bios.
July 3, 2008 10:33:13 AM

akhilles said:
The bios may need to be flashed to support wolfie. You can ask a computer store to do this for you for a small price.

Where's your ram? Try each stick in each slot until the pc posts, then load bios defaults, and set up ram to specs in bios.

I tried my RAM in both configurations (1/3, 2/4)...nothing. I used the seven standoff holes and tried disconnecting everything and re-connecting everything one at a time and still had no luck. I wonder if I didn't fry the MB somehow, although I don't when or how that could've happened.

It's boxed up and ready for return for refund unless someone can solve this issue for me :) 

Thanks for your response akhilles!

Frustrated in St Louis.....
Related resources
July 3, 2008 12:18:10 PM

No, you can't use both sticks in some case. Only one at a time. To get the pc up & set up ram to specs in bios.
a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2008 4:03:32 PM

@OP: Rosewill PSUs are cr@p. I strongly recommend you get a better PSU. Also are you using DDR2 1066 or higher RAM?
March 21, 2012 4:29:30 AM

Not to awaken a dead thread, but I ended getting a DFI LanParty motherboard that worked flawlessly on the first try with the Rosewill PSU....still running great to this day. I still have no idea if I got two bad motherboards or something just wasn't compatible?
!