Sign in with
Your question

8800 GTS G92 graphic crash

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 18, 2008 4:39:04 PM

Ok i own this card for about 4 month, and suddenly i had experienced a few graphic crash in a day playing games like assassin creed, cnc3, UT3 and Turok (bad graphic even with high setting). i dont know what cause the crash since i keep the card temperature at 62~65C with 85% fan speed and when the graphic start to crash red line starting to appear. the games still working for about 30~45 sec then suddenly poof graphic hang. so i hope i can get certain info on the thing that cause the problem from tomshardware forum expert. my pc is not power hungry since i use C2D@6300 2Gigs kingston value ram 1 160gb hard disk, 1 dvdrom/writer, 1 combo drive. no overclocking. my PSU is ODIN GT 550W. from my own knowledge i doubt lack of power is the problem since my gigabyte power tuner detect that my pc only use between 100~200W on load. From my own opinion i suggest either the card has become faulty or my window XP is having problem. if u guys have other opinion on the matter please tell me and guide me on fixing this crash problem.

Edited: im using forceware version 169.21 when it start to crash and then i use 174.74 beta driver to check if theres a different and quite sad it make it worse so i revert to the previous one.
a c 143 U Graphics card
May 19, 2008 2:45:10 AM

I'm guessing you need a new video card.

You are only getting crashes in games, right?
May 19, 2008 4:56:55 AM

aevm said:
I'm guessing you need a new video card.

You are only getting crashes in games, right?

Im thinking to return it to the retailer since its only 4 month old n i dont have the budget 4 a new card
Related resources
May 19, 2008 5:22:00 AM

Sounds like either the card isnt getting enough power or the card is bad. What kind of PSU do you have?
May 19, 2008 5:28:57 PM

nkarasch said:
Sounds like either the card isnt getting enough power or the card is bad. What kind of PSU do you have?

stated on the first post
a c 143 U Graphics card
May 19, 2008 7:29:18 PM

The PSU is powerful enough. If the crashes only happen in games then it's most likely that the video card has gone bad, IMO. Yeah, by "new card" I meant use the warranty to get a replacement.
!