8800 GTS G92 graphic crash

Ok i own this card for about 4 month, and suddenly i had experienced a few graphic crash in a day playing games like assassin creed, cnc3, UT3 and Turok (bad graphic even with high setting). i dont know what cause the crash since i keep the card temperature at 62~65C with 85% fan speed and when the graphic start to crash red line starting to appear. the games still working for about 30~45 sec then suddenly poof graphic hang. so i hope i can get certain info on the thing that cause the problem from tomshardware forum expert. my pc is not power hungry since i use C2D@6300 2Gigs kingston value ram 1 160gb hard disk, 1 dvdrom/writer, 1 combo drive. no overclocking. my PSU is ODIN GT 550W. from my own knowledge i doubt lack of power is the problem since my gigabyte power tuner detect that my pc only use between 100~200W on load. From my own opinion i suggest either the card has become faulty or my window XP is having problem. if u guys have other opinion on the matter please tell me and guide me on fixing this crash problem.

Edited: im using forceware version 169.21 when it start to crash and then i use 174.74 beta driver to check if theres a different and quite sad it make it worse so i revert to the previous one.
5 answers Last reply
More about 8800 graphic crash
  1. I'm guessing you need a new video card.

You are only getting crashes in games, right?
  2. aevm said:
    I'm guessing you need a new video card.

You are only getting crashes in games, right?

Im thinking to return it to the retailer since its only 4 month old n i dont have the budget 4 a new card
  3. Sounds like either the card isnt getting enough power or the card is bad. What kind of PSU do you have?
  4. nkarasch said:
    Sounds like either the card isnt getting enough power or the card is bad. What kind of PSU do you have?

stated on the first post
  5. The PSU is powerful enough. If the crashes only happen in games then it's most likely that the video card has gone bad, IMO. Yeah, by "new card" I meant use the warranty to get a replacement.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Crash Graphics