Have CD key but no CD/file HELP

dlong

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Ill be building a new PC soon but i have no way of installing the OS.

I have a legitmate Windows 7 professional CD key that i got from a give-a-way at school. is there a way i can download the file and burn it so that i can install it on my new build??

-thanks

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
If they have given you the windows key, they should give you the Installation dvd too. Go to your Network Administrator I’m sure he will give a copy of the installation dvd.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
If they didn’t give you the installation Ask your school if it’s legal to download

en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_x15-65805.iso” 64 bits windows

or

en_windows_7_professional_x86_dvd_x15-65804.iso ” 32 bits windows

using UTorrent. :) (Alternatively call Bill Gate and explain the situations, He likes giving out charity he might send you a retail box for xmas. ;) )

If you did download the iso, make sure you check the hash of the image. To ensure it has not been modified. Down load and install HashTab 3.0 tool. This will add a shell to your windows extension.

Once your windows iso download is complete, go to the directory where the iso is saved and then right click on the image file, then select properties, on the second tab File Hashes you should have the following Hash.

For Windows 7 Professional (x64) - DVD (English) 64 bits
SHA1: 50127304441A793EE51B3F501289F6599A559E9F

Or
For Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English) 32 bits
SHA1: 697FA06554502FB21D30275273B25747299C020D

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
To burn the iso to dvd or to make bootable USB pen drive use Windows 7 USB/DVD tool. Is very simple to use.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Make sure you have Microsoft security essentials (or AVG 9 free or other popular anti-virus) installed on your system before you use uTorrent.

......................................................................................................................

If Windows 7 fails to accept your keys, then choose activate over the phone. The windows activations will generate 9 set of numbers (I think).Then call the automated Microsoft line, the number is displayed on your screen. You will use your phone to enter those generated numbers on your screen. Microsoft will verify its legal, and it reads out some numbers to you, which you will type into your activation box. That’s it.

gabster777

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

I have Windows Vista Business on my LT so I bought a brand new sealed Windows 7 Premium anytime Upgrade but it brings no cd...help somebody.