UK Slang

What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"? In your neck of
the woods. I wonder how widespread slang terms are
across the pond?

--
>^,,^< Miracle

More about slang
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"? In your neck of
    > the woods. I wonder how widespread slang terms are
    > across the pond?

    From Urbandictionary.com

    "bobby dazzler - Quaint coloquial term from northern England pertaining to
    someone very special indeed, either through good looks or by simply
    wearing something fancy. Your daughter on her birthday might be termed a
    bobby dazzler, maybe even your missus on a night out if she scrubs up well
    enough.

    "My, that Cathy bird's a reet bobby dazzler!""
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 31 May 2005 19:05:14 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"?

    A lump of shite that's being peddled as being something special. We have
    Dame David Dickenson to thank for that 'gem' of slang... as it tends to
    grate once you've heard it being uttered for the tenth time in five
    minutes.

    > In your neck of the woods.

    There's bears there?

    > I wonder how widespread slang terms are across the pond?

    I'd find out, but I can't be arsed in doing something as tedious and
    demeaning.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 31 May 2005 19:05:14 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"?
    >
    > A lump of shite that's being peddled as being something special. We
    > have Dame David Dickenson to thank for that 'gem' of slang... as it
    > tends to grate once you've heard it being uttered for the tenth time
    > in five minutes.

    Ah, I see. But you've given me a whole new set of questions
    with your answer! Why is a *dude* called "Dame"?
    And I wonder if the "bobby" in the term is a police officer? And
    why would some widget dazzle only a bobby?
    Oh well, it's still a cool term, even if it is a puzzler as to origins.

    >> In your neck of the woods.
    >
    > There's bears there?

    Yes, but they carry their own bathroom tissue.

    >> I wonder how widespread slang terms are across the pond?
    >
    > I'd find out, but I can't be arsed in doing something as tedious and
    > demeaning.

    Ditto. Which is why I'm asking the UK dwellers in here.
    Since it's *my* holiday, I can't be arsed either! ;)

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:429cbfe8$0$293
    $cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:

    > Well, please help the community by killing annoying phrases off. You know
    > you want to. :)

    Nah, we Americans want to force the French to use them. They soooo "love"
    our language. ;) Maybe we can get our diplomatic corp to start using the
    phrase every time the French mission is in earshot.

    (I have nothing against the French, except the stupid language thing that's
    almost worse than that pushed by American conservatives.)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 31 May 2005 21:22:34 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Now you've done it! Sometime later I've got to Google
    > this guy and see what all the ire is about.

    He's a minor 'celebrity' (read that as "television personality") who
    became famous after having a 2-bit idea (spun off from a far more credible
    tv programme) and having a dazzling array of catchphrases (all three of
    them, iirc). His mediocre banter between the wannabe-famous contestants
    appears to have hit a chord with certain folk.

    > There's another similarity between us. Although it's technically
    > against the law now, it still happens.

    Wha, the "clip round the earhole" or the racist copper?

    > <Scarlet O'Hara>
    > I'll worry about it tomorrow.
    > </Scarlet O'Hara>

    i AGRE WITH THIS POTS

    > Oh yes indeed. The one that's made my skin crawl for some
    > time now is "these ones" instead of simply "these". Ditto "those
    > ones" for "those". Like fingernails on a blackboard.

    :)

    > Not to mention stopping the abuse of the plant life!!

    Apparently that stuff's good for plants.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > He's a minor 'celebrity' (read that as "television personality") who
    > became famous after having a 2-bit idea (spun off from a far more
    > credible tv programme) and having a dazzling array of catchphrases
    > (all three of them, iirc). His mediocre banter between the
    > wannabe-famous contestants appears to have hit a chord with certain
    > folk.

    Yep, gotta Google him tonight.

    > Wha, the "clip round the earhole" or the racist copper?

    Both, actually, but more so the racist copper.

    > i AGRE WITH THIS POTS

    wH0 4r3 U to Ag33 w1t m3?!?!?

    > Apparently that stuff's good for plants.

    After the fact, yes, but not during! They'd have to strip
    off their delicate leaves, eh?

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:429cbfe8$0$293
    > $cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:
    >
    >> Well, please help the community by killing annoying phrases off. You
    >> know you want to. :)
    >
    > Nah, we Americans want to force the French to use them. They soooo
    > "love" our language. ;) Maybe we can get our diplomatic corp to start
    > using the phrase every time the French mission is in earshot.

    F00KING BRILLIANT!!! Let's start on Fabrice!! ;)

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 31 May 2005 23:08:01 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >ScratchMonkey wrote:
    >> Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:429cbfe8$0$293
    >> $cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:
    >>
    >>> Well, please help the community by killing annoying phrases off. You
    >>> know you want to. :)
    >>
    >> Nah, we Americans want to force the French to use them. They soooo
    >> "love" our language. ;) Maybe we can get our diplomatic corp to start
    >> using the phrase every time the French mission is in earshot.
    >
    > F00KING BRILLIANT!!! Let's start on Fabrice!! ;)

    Boiyashaka!

    Right!

    Let's have at him, then. Where is he?

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:01:55 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

    > Seems a prat to me. Love to see someone sneak in at night and run some
    > electric sheers over that over-large head of hair. :)

    .... or stop his supply of fake suntan cream.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 23:09:00 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:01:55 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
    >
    >> Seems a prat to me. Love to see someone sneak in at night and run some
    >> electric sheers over that over-large head of hair. :)
    >
    >... or stop his supply of fake suntan cream.

    "Yes, there is that..." said Scott, barely looking up from the notepad
    where he kept his 'List of Things to Do to Mr. Dickenson' list.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > Now you've done it! Sometime later I've got to Google
    > this guy and see what all the ire is about.

    I haven't seen a picture of him yet, but on the BBC site,
    in the discussion board, I see this comment:
    "Well, I'm a newer fan of David's, but you're right - he IS
    very cute and cheeky."

    Seems he was born in a suburb of Manchester, Cheadle Heath.

    The hunt continues...............

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > He's a saddlebag with eyes and over-done hair. Looks like a used car
    > salesman.
    >
    > You may be right. There's another auction show called "Cash in the
    > Attic" or something like that. It's enough to make you think that all
    > our English brothers do is go to auctions and nod imperceptibly.

    Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
    total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
    see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!

    This guy made my skin crawl- he lived off his wife, a singer,
    until he bullshat himself into a job spending her money. GAH.
    His website is nothing but a self-absorbed trip into idolatry.
    http://www.david-dickinson.net/

    Well, you won't see or hear *me* using "bobby dazzler".

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle, as thoughroughly disgusted as Mr K is.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 31 May 2005 23:06:06 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Yep, gotta Google him tonight.

    Well, good luck... his "cheap as chips" (nngh) website wasn't responding
    last night.

    > Both, actually, but more so the racist copper.

    :(

    > wH0 4r3 U to Ag33 w1t m3?!?!?

    yOU MISPELD 2!!!11

    > After the fact, yes, but not during! They'd have to strip
    > off their delicate leaves, eh?

    Er... if you insist.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 1 Jun 2005 06:48:37 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
    > total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
    > see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!

    YES! FINALLY! SOMEONE SEES THE LIGHT! :D

    > This guy made my skin crawl- he lived off his wife, a singer,
    > until he bullshat himself into a job spending her money. GAH.
    > His website is nothing but a self-absorbed trip into idolatry.
    > http://www.david-dickinson.net/
    >
    > Well, you won't see or hear *me* using "bobby dazzler".

    /me cheers and gets a beer :D

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
    > total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
    > see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!

    As the victim of a crime or the guy they are looking for?
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Hellmark wrote:
    > Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    > his body were:
    >> Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
    >> total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
    >> see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!
    >
    > As the victim of a crime or the guy they are looking for?

    Definitely the guy who's wanted!!! I swear, "crook"
    is written all over his face.

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 2 Jun 2005 06:57:57 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > d0bby b4zzL3r!!!!1

    t4rt

    > I've never seen a bear scratch its arse. Now, chimps, monkeys,
    > and baboons on the other hand........

    A bear now pays chimps, monkeys and baboons to scratch its arse...?

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 2 Jun 2005 06:57:57 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >> d0bby b4zzL3r!!!!1
    >
    > t4rt

    s1|_|T

    >> I've never seen a bear scratch its arse. Now, chimps, monkeys,
    >> and baboons on the other hand........
    >
    > A bear now pays chimps, monkeys and baboons to scratch its arse...?

    Don't be silly- but if they do, it's to lure them
    into being lunch for the bear! Or dinner, or breakfast....

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 2 Jun 2005 20:58:19 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > s1|_|T

    corki??/

    > Don't be silly- but if they do, it's to lure them
    > into being lunch for the bear! Or dinner, or breakfast....

    Of course... silly me.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 2 Jun 2005 20:58:19 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> s1|_|T
    >
    > corki??/

    Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
    Okay, time for another thread........

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 2 Jun 2005 21:33:24 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
    > Okay, time for another thread........

    Oops/Yay

    Next up... g0atz/dongles. Ladies and gentlemen... and Adrian... place
    your bets please.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > On 2 Jun 2005 21:33:24 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >> Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
    >> Okay, time for another thread........
    > Oops/Yay
    > Next up... g0atz/dongles. Ladies and gentlemen... and Adrian... place
    > your bets please.

    Who's got the longest dongle? I say Mir's that she keeps in the closet....
    (will probably get slapped for that)

    oh, that reminds me. Miracle, I'll probably have my plotter back up next
    week, so was wondering if there was anything cool you'd like decal wise
    (sorry, don't have purple - black, white, grey, green, blue, yellow, and
    red)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:429f7b24$1_3
    @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

    >>> s1|_|T
    >>
    >> corki??/
    >
    > Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
    > Okay, time for another thread........

    LMAO
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > I try to cut interesting shapes. It's amazing to me how many people
    > are hyper-lazy (if such a word can even exist) when it comes to
    > weeding.

    Same here. I try to make things that arent really hard to weed, but still
    stuff with some interesting designs.

    Here's a sample page of things that I made that were either inspired by
    something else or I tried to make look as much like the original as
    possible.

    http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/sample.png

    I'll try to do something soon of my completely original works.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 2 Jun 2005 21:33:24 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
    >> Okay, time for another thread........
    >
    > Oops/Yay
    >
    > Next up... g0atz/dongles. Ladies and gentlemen... and Adrian... place
    > your bets please.

    I'll put $2 on L'il Alimony to win. She's 2 for 2
    after two starts.......

  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Hellmark wrote:
    > Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    > were:
    >> On 2 Jun 2005 21:33:24 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >>> Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
    >>> Okay, time for another thread........
    >> Oops/Yay
    >> Next up... g0atz/dongles. Ladies and gentlemen... and Adrian... place
    >> your bets please.
    >
    > Who's got the longest dongle? I say Mir's that she keeps in the
    > closet.... (will probably get slapped for that)

    Nah, not today- I can't reach you.
    But I will need photographic proof from the others......

    > oh, that reminds me. Miracle, I'll probably have my plotter back up
    > next week, so was wondering if there was anything cool you'd like
    > decal wise (sorry, don't have purple - black, white, grey, green,
    > blue, yellow, and red)

    How about green cacti? Christmas trees, with ornaments
    to place on them? Round ornaments? Yeah, Christmas stuff-
    they could be decorated with metallic gel pens! What about
    different ornament shapes?
    I have gig after gig of clipart in my desktop- I could send
    you shapes from there, or send you actual patterns. Yellow
    stars for the treetops would be cool, too.
    See, you could also make up sets to give as presents to
    your friends and family at Christmas!

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > I try to cut interesting shapes. It's amazing to me how many people
    > are hyper-lazy (if such a word can even exist) when it comes to
    > weeding.

    What's weeding? Removing the wee bits in middles?

  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Hellmark wrote:
    > Here's a sample page of things that I made that were either inspired
    > by something else or I tried to make look as much like the original as
    > possible.
    >
    > http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/sample.png
    >
    > I'll try to do something soon of my completely original works.

    I like the pinstriping, and the "Frankenskull"! The flames
    in the card suits are totally cool.

  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:429f7b24$1_3
    > @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

    >>> corki??/
    >>
    >> Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
    >> Okay, time for another thread........
    >
    > LMAO

    /me curtsies

  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > I cut the thundercats logo too. Extremely easy to weed.
    >
    > But, yeah... you're no slouch in the detail department. I've known
    > people with a plotter that gripe if it's anything more than strait
    > text. And even then they might gripe if they have to pick the center
    > out of an "o" or an "a".

    Not me! I have a ton of Xacto knives with new blades......

    I was right- this is the sort of thing the old boyfriend was
    doing, but from different materials maybe.

  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Hellmark wrote:
    > Here's the last one I did before the computers I had for the plotter
    > burned up. I personally didn't think it was that hard to weed.
    >
    > http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/art/saxon.png
    >
    > Here's one of my originals. Funky little design I thought of when was
    > looking at some pigs (yeah, thats right, and I wasnt on anything
    > either) -
    > http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/art/freakyshakespeare.png
    >
    > Here's another I've been working on. Not done yet, still need to do
    > the feet. Got the idea after watching Killbill 1. Think I got it
    > pretty close to the KBv1 cover pose -
    > http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/art/thebride.png
    >
    > Another Work in progress, need to touch up the spikes, and give alot
    > more detail to the wings -
    > http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/art/freakflag.png
    >
    > Simple little logo some guy wanted. Kinda low detail, but he wanted it
    > like that since he uses it as a stencil for painting the logo onto his
    > race car -
    > http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/art/ralfracingupdate.png

    You know, some of those Aridi designs would be well-suited
    for this. Let me see if I can find an example......

  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Smeghead wrote:
    >> I try to cut interesting shapes. It's amazing to me how many people
    >> are hyper-lazy (if such a word can even exist) when it comes to
    >> weeding.
    > What's weeding? Removing the wee bits in middles?

    Yeah, its the removing of scrap vinyl from the decal
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Hellmark wrote:
    >> Here's a sample page of things that I made that were either inspired
    >> by something else or I tried to make look as much like the original as
    >> possible.
    >> http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/sample.png
    >> I'll try to do something soon of my completely original works.
    > I like the pinstriping, and the "Frankenskull"! The flames
    > in the card suits are totally cool.

    The pinstriping is the entire reason I got into vector images. Works great
    for doing dutchwork, where as usually doing it with raster images are a
    bit of a bitch. I have more I am working on of that
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Hellmark wrote:
    > How about green cacti? Christmas trees, with ornaments
    > to place on them? Round ornaments? Yeah, Christmas stuff-
    > they could be decorated with metallic gel pens! What about
    > different ornament shapes?

    Okie dokie! Somewhere around here I used to have a cowboy cactus
    character. Was from a video game or something about 10 years ago.

    > I have gig after gig of clipart in my desktop- I could send
    > you shapes from there, or send you actual patterns. Yellow
    > stars for the treetops would be cool, too.
    > See, you could also make up sets to give as presents to
    > your friends and family at Christmas!

    Send over anything you think would be cool to do up.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Hellmark wrote:
    > Send over anything you think would be cool to do up.

    Okay, will do! You could make some really awesome
    Christmas presents.

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Jun 2005 20:11:04 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > I'll put $2 on L'il Alimony to win. She's 2 for 2
    > after two starts.......

    .... on who??

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 3 Jun 2005 20:11:04 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> I'll put $2 on L'il Alimony to win. She's 2 for 2
    >> after two starts.......
    >
    > ... on who??

    A young filly I saw on the news. She's owned by 5
    divorced women, who bought her by pooling their alimony.
    LOL

  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    +----[ Output of "dict weeding" ]
    +----

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 3 Jun 2005 20:17:49 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> What's weeding? Removing the wee bits in middles?
    >
    > +----[ Output of "dict weeding" ]
    >> From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
    >> Weed \Weed\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Weeded}; p. pr. & vb. n.
    >> {Weeding}.] [AS. we['o]dian. See 3d {Weed}.]
    >> [1913 Webster]
    >> 1. To free from noxious plants; to clear of weeds; as, to
    >> weed corn or onions; to weed a garden.
    >> [1913 Webster]
    > +----

    4rS3h013.

    ;)

  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Jun 2005 20:20:11 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >Hellmark wrote:
    >> Here's a sample page of things that I made that were either inspired
    >> by something else or I tried to make look as much like the original as
    >> possible.
    >>
    >> http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/sample.png
    >>
    >> I'll try to do something soon of my completely original works.
    >
    > I like the pinstriping, and the "Frankenskull"! The flames
    >in the card suits are totally cool.

    The pinstriping on my white Saturn is damaged, so I was thinking of
    doing some custom pinstripes. I was thinking of Spiderman webbing down
    the sides and having Spiderman swinging on the back fenders.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Jun 2005 20:17:49 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
    wrote:

    >Smeghead wrote:
    >> I try to cut interesting shapes. It's amazing to me how many people
    >> are hyper-lazy (if such a word can even exist) when it comes to
    >> weeding.
    >
    > What's weeding? Removing the wee bits in middles?

    Exactly that. Pulling away the extra bits that aren't really part of
    the image or text.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Jun 2005 20:53:06 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > 4rS3h013.
    >
    > ;)

    I'm impressed... you've remembered the 'r'.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 3 Jun 2005 20:53:06 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> 4rS3h013.
    >>
    >> ;)
    >
    > I'm impressed... you've remembered the 'r'.

    Remember the voice recording you sent? I often hear
    Ross playing it, and then mimicking it. We both make each
    other laugh by imitating you, as we do such poor jobs of it.

    Ross sounds like an Aussie, and I just sound stupid! LOL

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 3 Jun 2005 21:13:54 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Remember the voice recording you sent? I often hear
    > Ross playing it, and then mimicking it.

    Arse!

    > We both make each other laugh by imitating you, as we do such poor jobs
    > of it.

    Jeez, life must be hectic for you lot out there.

    Well, you said it. :)

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:

    > Oh yes indeed. The one that's made my skin crawl for some
    > time now is "these ones" instead of simply "these". Ditto "those
    > ones" for "those". Like fingernails on a blackboard.

    I hate that, too. "Ones" is not a pronoun. Of course, I've caught myself
    saying it before, but I still hate it.

    Speaking of which, has anybody here ever purchased from http://w00t.com?

    --
    Troy

    "Oh, some have forgotten the flower of speech
    And walks through the garden where
    I go to defent misbegotten notions while talking like this
    For I am one thousand years old."
    -- They Might Be Giants, "Oh, Do Not Forsake Me"
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > I'm impressed... you've remembered the 'r'.

    Without the "r," she'd be calling you an "asehole," which wouldn't make
    much sense, would it?

    --
    Troy

    I'm too tired to come up with a quote for down here.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 3 Jun 2005 21:13:54 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Remember the voice recording you sent? I often hear
    >> Ross playing it, and then mimicking it.
    >
    > Arse!

    Well, yes, sometimes.......LOL

    >> We both make each other laugh by imitating you, as we do such poor
    >> jobs of it.
    >
    > Jeez, life must be hectic for you lot out there.

    We're just easily amused! :D

    >> Ross sounds like an Aussie, and I just sound stupid! LOL
    >
    > Well, you said it. :)

    It's true! I have no problem admitting I sound foolish. :D

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > The pinstriping on my white Saturn is damaged, so I was thinking of
    > doing some custom pinstripes. I was thinking of Spiderman webbing down
    > the sides and having Spiderman swinging on the back fenders.

    NOW we're talkin'!! Spidey is *bitchin'*!!

  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Troy wrote:
    > Speaking of which, has anybody here ever purchased from
    > http://w00t.com?

    Hey, that's a neat idea. I made myself a desktop shortcut
    just so I can see what each daily special is. Thanks much!!

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

Games Video Games