UK Slang

What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"? In your neck of
the woods. I wonder how widespread slang terms are
across the pond?

--
>^,,^< Miracle

Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"? In your neck of
> the woods. I wonder how widespread slang terms are
> across the pond?

From Urbandictionary.com

"bobby dazzler - Quaint coloquial term from northern England pertaining to
someone very special indeed, either through good looks or by simply
wearing something fancy. Your daughter on her birthday might be termed a
bobby dazzler, maybe even your missus on a night out if she scrubs up well
enough.

"My, that Cathy bird's a reet bobby dazzler!""

On 31 May 2005 19:05:14 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"?

A lump of shite that's being peddled as being something special. We have
Dame David Dickenson to thank for that 'gem' of slang... as it tends to
grate once you've heard it being uttered for the tenth time in five
minutes.

> In your neck of the woods.

There's bears there?

> I wonder how widespread slang terms are across the pond?

I'd find out, but I can't be arsed in doing something as tedious and
demeaning.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

Mr K wrote:
> On 31 May 2005 19:05:14 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
>
>> What on earth is a "bobby dazzler"?
>
> A lump of shite that's being peddled as being something special. We
> have Dame David Dickenson to thank for that 'gem' of slang... as it
> tends to grate once you've heard it being uttered for the tenth time
> in five minutes.

Ah, I see. But you've given me a whole new set of questions
with your answer! Why is a *dude* called "Dame"?
And I wonder if the "bobby" in the term is a police officer? And
why would some widget dazzle only a bobby?
Oh well, it's still a cool term, even if it is a puzzler as to origins.

>> In your neck of the woods.
>
> There's bears there?

Yes, but they carry their own bathroom tissue.

>> I wonder how widespread slang terms are across the pond?
>
> I'd find out, but I can't be arsed in doing something as tedious and
> demeaning.

Ditto. Which is why I'm asking the UK dwellers in here.
Since it's *my* holiday, I can't be arsed either! ;)

--

Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:429cbfe8$0$293
$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:

> Well, please help the community by killing annoying phrases off. You know
> you want to. :)

Nah, we Americans want to force the French to use them. They soooo "love"
our language. ;) Maybe we can get our diplomatic corp to start using the
phrase every time the French mission is in earshot.

(I have nothing against the French, except the stupid language thing that's
almost worse than that pushed by American conservatives.)

On 31 May 2005 21:22:34 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> Now you've done it! Sometime later I've got to Google
> this guy and see what all the ire is about.

He's a minor 'celebrity' (read that as "television personality") who
became famous after having a 2-bit idea (spun off from a far more credible
tv programme) and having a dazzling array of catchphrases (all three of
them, iirc). His mediocre banter between the wannabe-famous contestants
appears to have hit a chord with certain folk.

> There's another similarity between us. Although it's technically
> against the law now, it still happens.

Wha, the "clip round the earhole" or the racist copper?

> <Scarlet O'Hara>
> I'll worry about it tomorrow.
> </Scarlet O'Hara>

i AGRE WITH THIS POTS

> Oh yes indeed. The one that's made my skin crawl for some
> time now is "these ones" instead of simply "these". Ditto "those
> ones" for "those". Like fingernails on a blackboard.

:)

> Not to mention stopping the abuse of the plant life!!

Apparently that stuff's good for plants.

--

Mr K wrote:
> He's a minor 'celebrity' (read that as "television personality") who
> became famous after having a 2-bit idea (spun off from a far more
> credible tv programme) and having a dazzling array of catchphrases
> (all three of them, iirc). His mediocre banter between the
> wannabe-famous contestants appears to have hit a chord with certain
> folk.

Yep, gotta Google him tonight.

> Wha, the "clip round the earhole" or the racist copper?

Both, actually, but more so the racist copper.

> i AGRE WITH THIS POTS

wH0 4r3 U to Ag33 w1t m3?!?!?

> Apparently that stuff's good for plants.

After the fact, yes, but not during! They'd have to strip
off their delicate leaves, eh?

--

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:429cbfe8$0$293
> $cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:
>
>> Well, please help the community by killing annoying phrases off. You
>> know you want to. :)
>
> Nah, we Americans want to force the French to use them. They soooo
> "love" our language. ;) Maybe we can get our diplomatic corp to start
> using the phrase every time the French mission is in earshot.

F00KING BRILLIANT!!! Let's start on Fabrice!! ;)

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 31 May 2005 23:08:01 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>ScratchMonkey wrote:
>> Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:429cbfe8$0$293
>> $cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:
>>
>>> Well, please help the community by killing annoying phrases off. You
>>> know you want to. :)
>>
>> Nah, we Americans want to force the French to use them. They soooo
>> "love" our language. ;) Maybe we can get our diplomatic corp to start
>> using the phrase every time the French mission is in earshot.
>
> F00KING BRILLIANT!!! Let's start on Fabrice!! ;)

Boiyashaka!

Right!

Let's have at him, then. Where is he?

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:01:55 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

> Seems a prat to me. Love to see someone sneak in at night and run some
> electric sheers over that over-large head of hair. :)

.... or stop his supply of fake suntan cream.

--

On Tue, 31 May 2005 23:09:00 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:01:55 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
>
>> Seems a prat to me. Love to see someone sneak in at night and run some
>> electric sheers over that over-large head of hair. :)
>
>... or stop his supply of fake suntan cream.

"Yes, there is that..." said Scott, barely looking up from the notepad
where he kept his 'List of Things to Do to Mr. Dickenson' list.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Now you've done it! Sometime later I've got to Google
> this guy and see what all the ire is about.

I haven't seen a picture of him yet, but on the BBC site,
in the discussion board, I see this comment:
"Well, I'm a newer fan of David's, but you're right - he IS
very cute and cheeky."

Seems he was born in a suburb of Manchester, Cheadle Heath.

The hunt continues...............

Smeghead wrote:
> He's a saddlebag with eyes and over-done hair. Looks like a used car
> salesman.
>
> You may be right. There's another auction show called "Cash in the
> Attic" or something like that. It's enough to make you think that all
> our English brothers do is go to auctions and nod imperceptibly.

Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!

This guy made my skin crawl- he lived off his wife, a singer,
until he bullshat himself into a job spending her money. GAH.
His website is nothing but a self-absorbed trip into idolatry.
http://www.david-dickinson.net/

Well, you won't see or hear *me* using "bobby dazzler".

--

On 31 May 2005 23:06:06 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> Yep, gotta Google him tonight.

Well, good luck... his "cheap as chips" (nngh) website wasn't responding
last night.

> Both, actually, but more so the racist copper.

:(

> wH0 4r3 U to Ag33 w1t m3?!?!?

yOU MISPELD 2!!!11

> After the fact, yes, but not during! They'd have to strip
> off their delicate leaves, eh?

Er... if you insist.

--

On 1 Jun 2005 06:48:37 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
> total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
> see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!

YES! FINALLY! SOMEONE SEES THE LIGHT! :D

> This guy made my skin crawl- he lived off his wife, a singer,
> until he bullshat himself into a job spending her money. GAH.
> His website is nothing but a self-absorbed trip into idolatry.
> http://www.david-dickinson.net/
>
> Well, you won't see or hear *me* using "bobby dazzler".

/me cheers and gets a beer :D

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
> total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
> see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!

As the victim of a crime or the guy they are looking for?

Hellmark wrote:
> Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
> his body were:
>> Dear bob he's ugly. Not only that, but I assure you he's a
>> total sham. It's written all over his heavily-made-up face. We'll
>> see him on America's Most Wanted before long, mark my words!
>
> As the victim of a crime or the guy they are looking for?

Definitely the guy who's wanted!!! I swear, "crook"
is written all over his face.

On 2 Jun 2005 06:57:57 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> d0bby b4zzL3r!!!!1

t4rt

> I've never seen a bear scratch its arse. Now, chimps, monkeys,
> and baboons on the other hand........

A bear now pays chimps, monkeys and baboons to scratch its arse...?

--

Mr K wrote:
> On 2 Jun 2005 06:57:57 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
>> d0bby b4zzL3r!!!!1
>
> t4rt

s1|_|T

>> I've never seen a bear scratch its arse. Now, chimps, monkeys,
>> and baboons on the other hand........
>
> A bear now pays chimps, monkeys and baboons to scratch its arse...?

Don't be silly- but if they do, it's to lure them
into being lunch for the bear! Or dinner, or breakfast....

On 2 Jun 2005 20:58:19 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> s1|_|T

corki??/

> Don't be silly- but if they do, it's to lure them
> into being lunch for the bear! Or dinner, or breakfast....

Of course... silly me.

--

Mr K wrote:
> On 2 Jun 2005 20:58:19 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
>
>> s1|_|T
>
> corki??/

Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
Okay, time for another thread........

On 2 Jun 2005 21:33:24 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
> Okay, time for another thread........

Oops/Yay

Next up... g0atz/dongles. Ladies and gentlemen... and Adrian... place
your bets please.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> On 2 Jun 2005 21:33:24 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
>> Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
>> Okay, time for another thread........
> Oops/Yay
> Next up... g0atz/dongles. Ladies and gentlemen... and Adrian... place
> your bets please.

Who's got the longest dongle? I say Mir's that she keeps in the closet....
(will probably get slapped for that)

oh, that reminds me. Miracle, I'll probably have my plotter back up next
week, so was wondering if there was anything cool you'd like decal wise
(sorry, don't have purple - black, white, grey, green, blue, yellow, and
red)

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:429f7b24$1_3
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

>>> s1|_|T
>>
>> corki??/
>
> Ah, you invoked this group's "nazi rule". LOL
> Okay, time for another thread........

LMAO

Smeghead's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> I try to cut interesting shapes. It's amazing to me how many people
> are hyper-lazy (if such a word can even exist) when it comes to
> weeding.

Same here. I try to make things that arent really hard to weed, but still
stuff with some interesting designs.

Here's a sample page of things that I made that were either inspired by
something else or I tried to make look as much like the original as
possible.

http://hellmark.streetrod3.com/photos/sample.png

I'll try to do something soon of my completely original works.