Mrjenkies

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
I received the Corsair dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 4gb kit of two in the mail today. Tried hooking it up the the stock mobo in my hp desktop which is a M2N68-LA since the new mobo I ordered hasn't arrived yet, but I'm having some problems.

I first put in one stick and everything worked fine, I then added the second stick and got a BSOD saying there was a memory hardware problem. I tried rebooting with both sticks still in and after the blue HP screen I just got a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left and the comp wouldn't move past there. So I took both sticks out, and just put in the second stick that I added, and came to the same black screen again. So, the first stick alone boots up no problems, but the second stick alone goes to the black screen with blinking cursor as well as having both sticks in at the same time. Is this second stick faulty or is there some other problem I should try to fix?

akhilles

Splendid
1) Pick out one stick of your ram. Stick it in 1 of the 4 ram slots on mobo.
2) If it doesn't power on, move the stick to the next slot, and go on until you try out all 4 slots.
3) Once the pc powers on, go to bios, load bios defaults, up vdimm to specs, install the rest of ram.