My Microsoft Security Essentia cannot get updated shows error

macurox

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Greetings,
I have downloaded Microsoft Security Essential Antivirus for my Windows Vista, it really works great, but it cannot update. Everytime I click update it starts and sudenly stops saying "cannot update " I investigated under Microsof and this are some answere they are giving to me:
(Windows Vista or Windows 7
Right-click the file, and then click Run As Administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
When the definition update file runs, a file extraction dialog box appears. The dialog box indicates that the definition update is installing. After the file extraction dialog box closes, you can verify that the virus and spyware definitions were updated. To do this, open Microsoft Security Essentials, click Update, and then examine the virus and spyware definitions status.)
I did all that and checked status and it shows updated showing date and time update took place,BUT, going back to the UPDATE tab I re-click in it and shows same banner tellin me Antivirus cannot update My question is: Is this all that have to be done? I mean I do not really have to click on the UPDATE tab just do those steps every time I feel I need to update? I would love you alls opinnions

Regars
P.D.
TEXAS

macurox

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

Hello there, Alright I will Uns., & reinst., again see what happens, now how about Avstar ? is that a good one?

Thanks
PD
TX.