Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 USB help

zoobix

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
I just purchased a Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 motherboard. I installed it using my old hard drive from my old system. I have a Q6600 on in and 2gbs of OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600 RAM.

The problem though, is the fact that my USB ports seem to stop working at the Windows Loading Screen. My mouse lights up and my keyboard lights up before the loading screen and they work in the BIOS. It did work one time after the windows loading screen but they both took a while before they lit up. While they were working, I installed the new motherboard drivers (already unistalled the old motherboard drivers) then restarted my computer. Now I can't get the mouse and keyboard to work at all.

Please Help.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
If you need to get your old data off the drive put it in another machine as a slave and copy it off or get a ps2 keyboard and mouse to use temporarily.

zoobix

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
It's not a fresh install but I'm working on that right now. I am using a Ps/2 keyboard but the mouse still doesn't work when it's connected through a ps/2 adapter. I'm currently copying everything that I need to another hard drive in a different computer. Hopefully after the format and new windows gets done installing it'll work.

mc959

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I had this exact same problem, but with a fresh install. It started right after I installed the drivers that came on the CD (I had not network access until I did, so had to use those). After the reboot I had the exact same loss of power to all USB ports. A reinstall of Windows fixed it and then I just installed the nic driver from the disk and got the rest from the website. Everything has been fine since except I have a slight delay during post that seems to be USB related (it's longer the more usb devices I have plugged in...).