Windows Home Server (Win 2003 Server)
SUPERMICRO X6DHE-G2 DUAL CPU XEON SERVER BOARD
Supermicro SuperChassis CSE-SC743i-R760B 4U Tower Case
300 GB SATA system boot disk on MB controller
RocketRaid 2320 Controller
Drives:
6 - Samsung EcoGreen F2 - HD103SI (1Tb)
1 - Western Digital (1Tb)

I had set a 3 drive RAID 0 array (2.7 TB) to move the data off my 4 TB Terastation (RAID 5). Windows saw the data just fine. After that I moved the 4 drives from the Terastation to the SuperMicro case. I then added 3 drives and set it to expand and convert to RAID 5. %50 through the conversion, Windows through up a "Blue Screen of Death". After the reboot, the RocketRaid restarted the conversion and it ran to completion. Also after the reboot, windows did not see the volume as formatted. I thought that might change after it was done. Anyway, after the RocketRaid finished, Windows only saw the drive as 2.7 Tb and no data. I do not want to delete the partition or format. RocketRaid shows it as 4.6 TB.

HELP!
July 26, 2009 8:14:01 PM

wizardket said:
%50 through the conversion, Windows through up a "Blue Screen of Death"

HELP!

Ouch! I noticed no one else has touched this question, so I'm really just answering to be polite. This isn't my area of knowledge but if I were you and I had some important data at stake, I'd bite the bullet and take it to an actual repair shop. If that table gets too corrupted it may become imposable to retrieve your files.

good luck
m
l
August 12, 2009 4:07:09 AM

wizardket said:
System:

Windows Home Server (Win 2003 Server)
SUPERMICRO X6DHE-G2 DUAL CPU XEON SERVER BOARD
Supermicro SuperChassis CSE-SC743i-R760B 4U Tower Case
300 GB SATA system boot disk on MB controller
RocketRaid 2320 Controller
Drives:
6 - Samsung EcoGreen F2 - HD103SI (1Tb)
1 - Western Digital (1Tb)

I had set a 3 drive RAID 0 array (2.7 TB) to move the data off my 4 TB Terastation (RAID 5). Windows saw the data just fine. After that I moved the 4 drives from the Terastation to the SuperMicro case. I then added 3 drives and set it to expand and convert to RAID 5. %50 through the conversion, Windows through up a "Blue Screen of Death". After the reboot, the RocketRaid restarted the conversion and it ran to completion. Also after the reboot, windows did not see the volume as formatted. I thought that might change after it was done. Anyway, after the RocketRaid finished, Windows only saw the drive as 2.7 Tb and no data. I do not want to delete the partition or format. RocketRaid shows it as 4.6 TB.

HELP!

Hey guy, I bought HighPoint RocketRAID2320 not long ago. My experience is used RAID 0(160G x3) + (160G x 3) convert to RAID5, about 10 hours for completion. No problem occurred. It may result from RAID broken and other reasons "Blue Screen of Death", it’s maybe impossible to retrieve them. However, you also only saw the drive as 2.7Tb, this cause the windows limit. By using 3rd party software Symantec partition magic to combine partiton, you could convert 2.7Tb into 4.6Tb partition.
m
l
!