Help to Overclock My Brand New PC

4deft

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Hello !!!

I've just assembled a Monster Pc week a go, I'm pretty sure its 100% overclockable but I've no idea how to do it.
I've asked the shop's technician (where I bought pc) to overclock it, damn **** he refused saying then after they cannot guaranteed any more for the pc. So he screwed up finally.

So Could one of you guys help me to overclock this ????

01. Casing
Antec 1200

02. Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme

03. CPU
Intel CORE i7 920

04. CPU Cooler
Cooler Master V8

05. Memory
6GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz) CL9 KIT

06. Hard Disk
WD VelociRaptor 3.5-inch SATA 3 [150 GB, 3 Gb/s, 16 MB Cache, 10,000 RPM]

07. VGA
SAPPHIRE HD 4870 X2 2G GDDR5 PCI-E

08. Power supply
Cooler Master M1000

09. Standard DVD Writer Samsung Lightscribe support

So please someone look at this and give me a little tutorial , or any video ??? it'll be a very precious to me & even any little help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading!!!!

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Well I’m not familiar with over clocking the new CPU's but I wanted to say killer rig dude. I would love to do the same but I’m waiting for the prices to drop before I move from my E8400.

Try Google

Best of luck

Mondoman

Splendid
Check out the very nice overclocking guides among this forum's stickies. Nobody can just give you settings to plug in, just like nobody can drive your car for you via messages over the internet.
The reason the shop guy won't OC it is that OCing can easily damage one or more components -- if they do it, they would have to pay to fix/replace anything that was damaged by the OCing, and my guess is that you didn't want to pay them hundreds of dollars extra for them to OC it.