GA-P35-DS3L possibly died out?

nyczwillz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I just went to sleep while leaving my computer on. And when I woke up I powered on my LCD and nothing came up. It says its in "power save" mode and that I had to move my keyboard or mouse. But the funny thing is my mouse and keyboard is not working no matter which USB socket I put it in. Everything else seems fine when I took it out. I have the Gigabyte DS3L. I'm not sure whats damaged but I think it might be the USBs since not of them are emmiting power. But how would that effect whether or not there is anything on my screen?

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
what kind of psu do you have? possably ( if it has a hold up time ) the power when out for a few mins and fried the battery. i kinda doubt this is your problem but never hurt to check.

nyczwillz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I am running a e6750 @ 3.2GHz
3GB DDR2 800
1x 320GB HD and 1x 400GB HD
8600GT 256MB DDR3
2 DVD+RWs

My PSU is a EA380. Not sure if it fried but how would I check?

rockyjohn

Distinguished
Have you tried turning everything (monitor and PC) off then turning it back on?
Also, after computer is off, also turn the PSU switch on back of CPU off then on.
Are display and PC connected to the same power saver?
After doing above, when you turn on computer, do you see any lights or hear any sounds? What?
Since display apparently turns on it sounds like you have power to the wall socket and power saver.

I once had a dead computer and spent 30 frustrating minutes trying to find the problem. I checked connections inside and out of the computer - several times, traced back to the power saver and wall (which required moving my computer and a desk to squeeze in back where the power supply was). Plugged it first into a different outlet on power saver and then, even tho power light was on the power saver, directly into another wall outlet. Still dead. As I retraced my troubleshooting mentally, I looked at the back of the case - now visible since I had pulled it out from under desk - and observed the power supply switch on the bag. Since I never use it, I never thought about it. But somehow it had been turned off. I simply turned my PC power back on and was back in business.