Asif Ali Soomro

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Hi:

I have burnt some DVDs in multisession mode. I am able to access them on my PC but on another PC of mine, the DVD writer does not even recognize the DVD. I used Nero 8 for burning.

Both of my DVD writers are of Sony.

Asif Ali Soomro

Distinguished
May 10, 2009

I did not finalize it. But I am able to read the DVD on another DVD writer. It beats me as to what is the possible reason

Asif Ali Soomro

Distinguished
May 10, 2009

But the problem is this that the OS should at least recognize the disc. Reading the data on it is next thing

Asif Ali Soomro

Distinguished
May 10, 2009

I have Nero 8 installed on both the systems

Asif Ali Soomro

Distinguished
May 10, 2009

Well I have figured out for sure that my DVD writer does not recognize UDF file system DVDs. Is there any way for me to convert the DVDs into a format recognizable by my DVD writer

G

I had this same problem, using Roxio to burn the multi session DVD in a LG GSA-H10A drive it could not be read on another PC. I then tried an external DVD drive on the same PC that did not work either, I then fitted a new Sony drive in the external box and that worked fine. Conclusion is that for some reason multi session only works with R/W drives as both the drives that failed were read only. Both PCs using XP pro.

E8400Can

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
No, I don't think that last comment that multi-session DVDs can only be read by writers and not ROMs is accurate. My parents' DVD/CD-RW combo drive (which came with their Dell Dimension E520 desktop does NOT read my DVD multi-session disc which has not been finalized yet. It only sees the first session in Windows Explorer.

But I am glad I saw this thread because it was really helpful for my problem. Thanks everyone!

John

TRENDING THREADS