Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Ever since playing games on Facebook, my computer freezes all the time. I even l

Last response: in Windows XP
September 4, 2010 6:08:28 PM

Ever since playing games on Facebook, my computer freezes all the time. I even lost all my restore points. When I do malwarebytes scan and Avast scan, it doesn't show a virus. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Best solution

a b 8 Security
September 8, 2010 8:44:31 AM

JClark1125 said:
Ever since playing games on Facebook, my computer freezes all the time. I even lost all my restore points. When I do malwarebytes scan and Avast scan, it doesn't show a virus. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

There must be some kind of infection in there - possibly a Rootkit. Start off by downloading CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com and use that to remove all the clutter - including Cookies. Then, go to http://www.trendmicro.com and take the online Housecall scan and while you're there, download the latest version of HijackThis and post the log back here where you've installed and run it. Don't do that part until the Housecall scan has completed.

September 15, 2010 4:40:06 AM

Thank you so much for your help. I'm sorry I didn't remove my post earlier. I ended up re-formatting my computer, and installing a new HD. Turns out the fan was failing too, so things were overheating. All is well now, but I will for sure keep your suggestions incase I need them in the future. Thanks again !!! :) 
Score
Related resources
September 15, 2010 4:41:01 AM

Best answer selected by JClark1125.
Score
a b 8 Security
September 16, 2010 10:50:40 AM

JClark1125 said:
Thank you so much for your help. I'm sorry I didn't remove my post earlier. I ended up re-formatting my computer, and installing a new HD. Turns out the fan was failing too, so things were overheating. All is well now, but I will for sure keep your suggestions incase I need them in the future. Thanks again !!! :) 

You're very welcome but there's no need to apologise - the thread reamins for the benefit of others as long as Tom's can store it. Pity you formatted and reinstalled - it's a pain in the rear and hardly ever necessary - but if the result is a clean system, that's the main thing. Thanks for the BA vote

Score
September 16, 2010 11:55:42 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!