windows XP can't show Physical Memory in System Properity

Tey

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2005

Hi All,
I wish anyone over here to help me with below question:

-I've using Windows XP with Service Pack 2, my problem is I've installed
4GB Ram in my system. Bios can detect 4GB Ram perfectly, but once come to
windows XP, it just show 3GB of Ram in my PC and not 4GB Ram.

Anyone can inform me how to solve this problem. I'll thanks to all
of you first.

Regards,
Tey

"Tey" <Tey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I wish anyone over here to help me with below question:
>
> -I've using Windows XP with Service Pack 2, my problem is I've
> installed 4GB Ram in my system. Bios can detect 4GB Ram perfectly,
> but once come to windows XP, it just show 3GB of Ram in my PC and not
> 4GB Ram.
>
> Anyone can inform me how to solve this problem. I'll thanks to
> all of you first.
>
> Regards,
> Tey

The amount of RAM reported by the System Properties dialog box and the
System Information tool is less than you expect after you install Windows XP
Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888137

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE