Sign in with
Your question

Need Win7 Display Drivers for my Dell Inspiron 530

Last response: in Windows 7
August 29, 2011 5:34:45 PM

Hi to all,
I have searched this site for answers but have not found anything that I can understand relating to my problem so I am asking for help.

I am a senior citizen newbie who has just upgraded my Dell Inspiron 530 desktop computer from Vista 64 to Win7 64 and would like to find Win7 display drivers. My Control panel lists the Display Adapter as Intel G33/G31 Espress Chipset Family and my current driver as 8.15.10.1930, 09/23/09. I went to the Dell site looking for Win7 display driver updates but could only find Vista drivers. Can someone tell me where I would find Win7 drivers available for downloading for my computer?

My son also occasionally uses this computer and when he tried to activate some functions of Photoshop CS5 he received a notice that no GPU options were available and he couldn't OpenGL or something similar. Would I have to replace my Video card in order to satisfy these Photoshop's requirements? If so, can a reasonably priced one be suggested and should the installation be attempted by someone with minimum computer skills?

I respectfully thank you for any help I might receive.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2011 9:00:35 PM

Easiest way, using Internet Explorer, www.intel.com

Then use the driver detection plugin, it will list updates that are Windows 7 compatible.

You will probably get chipset and graphics downloads.
m
l
Related resources
August 31, 2011 4:48:44 PM

No. I was under the impression that Vista drivers should not be used with Win7 unless they are so designated. Thank you for the input. Respectfully, Twoscoop

m
l
August 31, 2011 4:53:23 PM

das_stig said:
Easiest way, using Internet Explorer, www.intel.com

Then use the driver detection plugin, it will list updates that are Windows 7 compatible.

You will probably get chipset and graphics downloads.

As you suggested, I went to the Intel site and after much searching and installing an Intel search program, ended up downloading a file that they suggested was an update, but when I tried to install it nothing changed. Thanks for the input. Twoscoop
m
l
August 31, 2011 6:06:38 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R185779.exe

Did you try the Vista 64 bit driver?

Hi and thanks for the reply. The drivers are not the same but I don't know if they both would work.

I have found that the necessary update for Vista 64 is:

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista* 64 (exe)
Installs 64 bit graphics driver version 15.12.4.64.1666 (7.15.10.1666) for the integrated graphics controller of Intel® chipsets.

While the Windows 7 is:

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7 64 (exe)
Installs 64bit graphics driver version 15.12.75.4.64.1930 (8.15.10.1930) for the integrated graphics controller of Intel® chipsets for Windows 7.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Respectfully, Twoscoop
m
l
September 12, 2011 11:40:04 PM

Hi to all,

I finally found the necessary information on the Intel site and was able to download the latest drivers for my chip-set, and I thank all that took the time to reply. Unfortunately the new drivers didn't solve the OpenGL part of my original question. Photoshop didn't recognize and activate OpenGL on my computer, and from what I understand the reason is Photoshop CS5 requires a newer version of OpenGL than my chip-set can provide. I am still interested in finding information on possibly replacing my video. What is involved in installing a Video card in order to satisfy these Photoshop's requirements or is my current video a part of the mother board and cannot be replaced? I am not sure what I should look for that is compatible with my DELL computer. Can a reasonably priced Video card be suggested and should the installation be attempted by someone with minimum computer skills? Respectfully, twoscoop
m
l
!