Sign in with
Your question

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Cooler Compatibility

Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2009 2:39:30 PM

I apologize if this question has been answered already, but I wanted to triple check before purchasing.

I have a CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case and a Gigabyte EP45 DS3L motherboard and wanted to make sure that if I purchased a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cooler it would fit both in my case and would also not have any clearance issues with the motherboard via the northbridge. I doubt the RAM would get in the way, but I have 4 sets of 2 gig OCZ Reaper X sets.

Thank you in advance, again I apologize if this has already been answered, I just wanted to be sure.
February 6, 2009 9:14:41 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I thought it would fit, but you never can be too sure.
February 6, 2009 9:33:25 PM

Don't forget the XIGMATEK ACK-I7751 Retention Bracket.

When applying thermal paste with the Xigmatek cooler, apply a thin layer across the CPU IHS (top) or across the whole base of the heatsink. The paste won't spread properly through contact because of the gaps between the heatpipes and the base.
Related resources
February 6, 2009 11:19:27 PM

The S1283 will easily fit on the Gigabyte EP45 DS3L.
February 7, 2009 1:23:17 AM

I actually have a CM Centurion 5..and I also have the Xigmatek 1283. The cooler does fit with about an inch to spare on my Gigabyte DS3L. Good luck to you.
February 7, 2009 1:06:45 PM

Excellent that closes the issue. Thanks a lot for everyone's help, I will make sure to buy the retention bracket as you mentioned Zorg and apply the paste accordingly. Have a good weekend everyone.
!