Serious trouble, my hard became unallocated space, please help :(

freestyler0

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
hello,
iam a programmer, this morning my pc shut downed suddenly when i was writing a PHP script, i tried to turn the pc on again but i couldn't, i tried to install a new windows and i surprised when i couldn't find the partitions on the DOS..!!

after that i went to one of my friend, i borrowed his hard drive, i installed on it a new windows, i turned my pc on with my friend's hard drive as a master hard drive, and then i connected my hard drive as a slave hard drive to check my data, but i couldn't found my partitions and i found my self in serious real trouble .. :(

my hard disk appeared on the Device Manager, but the partitions didn't appear on 'my computer', so i tried to check the hard disk properties on the device manager and i found all my hard disk as a unallocated space !!!

on this hard disk all my previous 3 years work, i can't do F-Disk, so please guys help me to fix this problem, i don't care about the hard disk, i only want to copy my data from it, please any help :(

freestyler0

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
thanks god, i fixed it with TestDisk program, it recovered the all partitions with the all data :)
thanks everyone for your help.

If the drive contains crucial data, it's time to learn how to do backups. And if you do not not know exactly what happened, it's time to relace that drive. You may not be so lucky next time.