Sign in with
Your question

Kvm not supported in xp

Last response: in Windows XP
September 4, 2010 7:36:11 PM

i purchase a kvm switch but usb keyboard and mouse not working in xp sp3, they work if connected directly, monitor works, devices manager list it as unknown device. anyone have an idea how to make usb mouse and keyboard work in xp sp3?

More about : kvm supported

a b \ Driver
September 5, 2010 6:34:32 PM

kinamax said:
i purchase a kvm switch but usb keyboard and mouse not working in xp sp3, they work if connected directly, monitor works, devices manager list it as unknown device. anyone have an idea how to make usb mouse and keyboard work in xp sp3?

Firstly, are the keyboard and mouse pretty generic? Those work better in a KVM than something like a high end Logitech set. Also, does Device Manager show a HardwareID under the details tab? If it didn't come with a CD, you need to find the driver from the manufacturer's website and if the ID is shown as VEN for Vendor and DEV for Device, input those details at http://www.pcidatabase.com and see where it leads you.
m
l
a b \ Driver
September 7, 2010 3:19:19 PM

You did not say what KVM you have. I have seen some USB switches having issues with some PCs, the need to be reset constantly. Older computers especially seem to have USB KVM issues.

Have you checked the manufacturer's web site for any support?
m
l
!