idk0330

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Okay so i have my main computer(a custom built) which is not being a problem but I have a laptop in which i run linux(xubuntu 9.04 with most recent kernel) and every time I update I lose hours of work on my wireless card. It happens to be a B4311 rev1 model and broadcom hasn't released linux drivers for it, so every time i update i have to go through some hoops to get it working then it works very slow because of the hacked "firmware" i have to use. Is there a way to place a wireless device the would receive the signals from my main router then transmit them via wire to my laptop. there is not way to hook in to the main wireless router. If anyone has some suggestions that would be appreciated.

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I wouldn't really know how to do that, since you're trying to stream web traffic from a Windows machine to a Linux-based laptop. You can try searching Google for "XP/Vista Linux connectivity pairing" or something similar.

idk0330

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
But thats not whats happening. From the point of veiw of the linux system it would be hardwire but that wire would be connected to a wireless reciever that picks up the signal from the main router.