How to remove old vista when new is installed

kukakkid

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hello,
I have already installed vista and have very little hard drive left, How can I remove the data from the old vista , I think the old vista is still on the operating system

Depends on what you mean by "remove data from old vista" . Are you referring to the OS, or all the personal files & programs you have installed ?

And exactly what is old and new vista ? Are you reinstalling the same OS, or upgrading to, a different version?

kukakkid

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Actually , I needed to restore My computer to factory settings and it appeared there was no restore as in f11 or f8 on some pcs , so I installed the original operating system over the top , after I posted this I clicked on maintenace and cclean up disk and it gave me an option to remove the previously instlled windown program, I appreciate knowing about http://windirstat.info/ for future reference, thanks

kukakkid

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012

thanks for your reply , I did install vista on top as my pc had no system restore and clicked maintenance and disk cleanup , then it gave me an option to remove previous OS