Bad performance in games after memory pluging

Akdeniz

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Hi all,

I have just plugged additional 1gb(533Mhz DDR2) memory to my 512mb(533Mhz DDR2) LG LE50 notebook. After plugging two problems occured:

-I have ati radeon xpress200M shared memory video card.Before plugging I could change how
much memory the video card use with FrameBuffer control in BIOS. Now there is no such a control.It dissappered.

-Secondly although other apps works fast, I faced slowing down in games like NFS:MostWanted,GTA:SanAndreas.
Before this situation I was playing these games perfectly.

I formated the windows.But It does not work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
only one thought comes to mind,,are you sure that your new ram is compatible with your system,,maybe you should have installed[?] 2x1g and removed the 512[?] otherwise you may be only able to install another 512,note the ram sticks must be of the same size and speed,check your mobo's manual for ram compatibility/upgrading etc..???.....:>)

Akdeniz

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
thanks for your reply. I am sure that two rams are the same speed but I haven't thought that different size can be a problem. I'll check it.

Akdeniz

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
I tried to replace my friend's 512 DDR2(533) ram.But no change!

Maybe my problem is about my graphic card. Because when i tried to unplug the 1gb ram from the system, the bios option that allows to change shared memory between graphics card & the system, came back. And I decrease the shared memory to 64mb.So I get better performance in games.

Maybe if I can limit shareable memory when i plug 1gb ram, I will work for me. But like I said before the bios option disappears when the ram is plugged. Is there another option that I can limit my graphics card's memory.Maybe a third third party software?

Thanks.