No option for voltage in BIOS

Sporknife

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Hey, tried messing around with my clock speed, but i just noticed theres no option anywhere to change the voltage. Help? Can i only do this manually, or what? Apparently im using "Pheonix WorkstationBIOS v6.00pg". I have an amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ processor, in case it matters.

Mondoman

Splendid
What brand and model number is your motherboard? MBs sold as part of branded pre-built systems normally don't have overclocking features like voltage adjustment.

Sporknife

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
It wasn't part of a preassembled computer; i got the parts and put it together myself.

Probably a stupid question, but how do i check which motherboard i have?

Mondoman

Splendid
Well, what model MB did you buy? Normally, the brand and model number are printed on the box it came in. Perhaps there's a brand and model number silkscreened on the MB? If all that fails, you might try posting a photo of the MB.

Mondoman

Splendid
Following the link, it seems you have a very low-end motherboard that isn't designed for OCing and thus seems to lack such features. In any case, even with an OCing MB, it's unlikely you would be able to see a noticeable speed difference by OCing, as your CPU is already fairly close to its max limit. AFAIK, the fastest Athlon 64 x2 CPU sold is a 6000+, and you've got a 5000+ model already.

blackpanther26

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007

Acually it is the Athlon 64 X2 6400 Black Edition which is 3.2GHz.