kirvinb

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Ok, I am in the market for a good SSD...i will be coming from hard disks so I know the leap in performance will be great. My question is what are the differences between the high end SSDs now...everyone says intel drives are the best but they write speeds are only 70mb....while others are twice that. What makes the intel drives the best? I was looking that the OCZ Vertex and it seems better to me but idk....please help!

You should wander over to Anandtech and read their articles on SSD's. Very comprehensive, but you will understand why random read/writes are so important. Anyway, it looks like the best bet is to hold off for a couple more weeks. Intel is coming out with faster and cheaper drives which will force the market down.

gl

rcpratt

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
What made Intel stand out is how much the X25-M G1 crushed the competition. Everyone else nearly caught back up with the Indilinx drives, but the X25-M G2s are now even better than the G1s at half the price.

Sequential write is more or less meaningless. The Intel drives excel at what matters.

sub mesa

Distinguished
For those who don't like to click:

19508.png

Here the better SSD distinguishes itself from the mass. Any JMicron SSD would fail in this benchmark.

TRENDING THREADS