Pics of G280?

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
as long as it performs like predicted and doesnt consum energy from a nuclear reactor, i really dont care how big it is! if it fits in my case obviously :F

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
Progress is progress... unless it's like the 9800GTX and then it's just an annoying market ploy. I think I might actually get one of these next gen graphics cards this time around.

-mcg

Crazy-PC

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Any idea of the card length, I planning to replace my 8600GTS in one of my computer with Slim Case; certainly I need to check what is the draw back of performance by PCI-E version 1.1 on this new generation.

DarthPiggie

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008

Indeed the 8800GTX was at 500+ when it arrived, but anyone who invested that much money in it got a huge return as that card still hasnt been convincingly beaten, 2 years afterward/ I might buy one myself, after I get 8 GB RAM, Quad core, Vista 64, oh BTW, will these cards be PCI-E2.0 exclusive?

It says "its for showing off, not for sales in itself". If thats so, when will we see this card down to 300 US like th 8800GTX? Then itll be more mainstream. The last paragraph says this. Thats crazy, I wonder what the pricing of the G260 will be then? At this point, it will be the only thing nVidia will have in the 300 range, if its priced that low, thats competitive

DarthPiggie

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
I'll have to see the performance difference between the two cards to see if making the jump for the GTX280 will be worth it. Again, are these cards PCI2.0 exclusive? maybe they should be since they are to fast for gen 1 PCi-E

However there may come a time when it is PCIe 2.0 exclusive, just like many 8X could not work on 2X and lower slots.
The issue of power at the connector versus adding more 6x or 8x external power plugs, may push some card makers to PCIe 2.0 requirement.
IMO, I would expect the X2 cards in the future generations to require PCIe 2.0 for practical purpose with regards to both power and bandwidth to the bridge/split requirements.

Probably nothing until maybe late 2008, but by 2009 I would expect to see more than one that is PCIe 2.0 requirement as a minimum. May still work on PCIe1.0/1.1 but on reduced functionality.

Still can't see that link, but Fuad reposted them @ Fudzilla.

By the looks of things we have the return of the NVIO,
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7162/gtx280nviozu9.jpg

But you can tell it's not a G80 by the 8 memory modules (which gives credence to a symmetric memory interface unlike the G80s). Still not enough detail to make out traces or memory type though.

PS why a close-up of the back of the card and not the front where the exposed memory module and NVIO are, poor choice. (As if you can't make out the 6+8 power connectors without that pic).

Yeah could be, but I think even what they posted would be an problem for an NDA.

Weird choice for someone trying to get/give info, but good choice for someone selectively leaking info to keep the product in the news.

Seriously you have the perfect opportunity to give a pic of memory modules and you give people power regulation components?

I have the feeling the last leaked info on the launch of the r600 hurt ATI. This could be a rub it in your face by nVidia? Keep the hype going, knowing AMD is going tight lipped. Without really showing anything, but the hype still goes on

Zen911

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
I have the feeling the last leaked info on the launch of the r600 hurt ATI. This could be a rub it in your face by nVidia? Keep the hype going, knowing AMD is going tight lipped. Without really showing anything, but the hype still goes on

GeForce GTX 280 will be capable of folding slightly more than 500 mol/day, which is three times more than what Radeon HD 3870 can do ...

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7777.html

now the HD 4870 should be like 150% of the HD 3870 on default clock speed , with the HD 4870 x2 almost doubling that , with a less price margin . If we take the power consumption factor in mind (which I think will be in favour of ATI ) and the dx10.1 support , I think it'll be a tough sell for Nvidia

Did you see my post? It includes a link to the graph on how fast the GTX280 is compared to a 3870. Already been posted. You may be right, however. Thats some rough estimates, using F@H and rounding on top of that. But we can at least hope theres competition this time around