Closed

mfc71.dll problem

I installed Earthlink ISP on an older neighbor's computer, which is
running Windows XP SP2.
While I can connect them to the interent now, I have to do it manually
using IE because the software program that comes with Earthlink
(TotalAccess) cannot load due to a problem with mfc71.dll. So the user
has to click the Earthlink icon to get on the internet, start internet
explorer to receive the pages, and when finished, they have to
manually disconnect - Because they are older and not very computer
literate I would like them to be able to use the TotalAccess Earthlink
software instead of this more round about way because it is more
automatic.

The error message details are:
AppName: taskpanl.exe
ModName mfc71.dll
Mod Ver 7.10.3077.0
Offset: 00033249

Earthlink tech support tells me this is a windows problem.
So, I downloaded the mfc71.dll to reinstall it (thinking that the one
on the machine has become corrupt) but when I try to install it, i get
the message that it cannot be installed because the file is in use by
another program. Can you please tell me how to get this file
installed?

Do I need to reinstall windows?
I read in the forum at the site where I downloaded the .dll file that
I should install it to the folder holding the program that needs to
use it, in other words, to the Earthlink folder. Can this be true? to
install it there instead of in the windows\system32 folder?

I wandered around Microsoft Support, the knowledgebase, but there is
very little info regarding this .dll file and nothing helpful to me in
this case, so here I am begging help from my favorite forums again ;-)

Your help is very much appreciated
Joanne
5 answers Last reply
More about mfc71 problem

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:45:31 GMT, Joanne wrote:

    > I installed Earthlink ISP on an older neighbor's computer, which is
    > running Windows XP SP2.
    > While I can connect them to the interent now, I have to do it manually
    > using IE because the software program that comes with Earthlink
    > (TotalAccess) cannot load due to a problem with mfc71.dll. So the user
    > has to click the Earthlink icon to get on the internet, start internet
    > explorer to receive the pages, and when finished, they have to
    > manually disconnect - Because they are older and not very computer
    > literate I would like them to be able to use the TotalAccess Earthlink
    > software instead of this more round about way because it is more
    > automatic.
    >
    > The error message details are:
    > AppName: taskpanl.exe
    > ModName mfc71.dll
    > Mod Ver 7.10.3077.0
    > Offset: 00033249
    >
    > Earthlink tech support tells me this is a windows problem.
    > So, I downloaded the mfc71.dll to reinstall it (thinking that the one
    > on the machine has become corrupt) but when I try to install it, i get
    > the message that it cannot be installed because the file is in use by
    > another program. Can you please tell me how to get this file
    > installed?
    >
    > Do I need to reinstall windows?
    > I read in the forum at the site where I downloaded the .dll file that
    > I should install it to the folder holding the program that needs to
    > use it, in other words, to the Earthlink folder. Can this be true? to
    > install it there instead of in the windows\system32 folder?
    >
    > I wandered around Microsoft Support, the knowledgebase, but there is
    > very little info regarding this .dll file and nothing helpful to me in
    > this case, so here I am begging help from my favorite forums again ;-)
    >
    > Your help is very much appreciated
    > Joanne

    I'm wondering why Earthlink says this is a Windows problem? The EXE file is
    from their software. The DLL file is a supplementary DLL - not a part of an
    XP install. When present, the resident copy is provided by programs that
    use it. Example: On my system, I have a copy in Ahead folders (Nero Burning
    Rom) and one in the folder for another program.

    The only thing I can think of in Windows that might need adjusting is
    setting up Internet Explorer as the default browser (Internet Options>
    Programs or Control Panel> Set Program Access and Defaults) and checking
    under Internet Options> Connections that the Earthlink connection is set to
    the default.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Put the file in another folder on your hard drive. Boot up in safe mode and
    copy it over top of the bad one. In safe mode chances are that the progam
    using it won't be running.

    "Joanne" <jobobbuss@sbcglobal.com> wrote in message
    > I installed Earthlink ISP on an older neighbor's computer, which is
    > running Windows XP SP2.
    > While I can connect them to the interent now, I have to do it manually
    > using IE because the software program that comes with Earthlink
    > (TotalAccess) cannot load due to a problem with mfc71.dll. So the user
    > has to click the Earthlink icon to get on the internet, start internet
    > explorer to receive the pages, and when finished, they have to
    > manually disconnect - Because they are older and not very computer
    > literate I would like them to be able to use the TotalAccess Earthlink
    > software instead of this more round about way because it is more
    > automatic.
    >
    > The error message details are:
    > AppName: taskpanl.exe
    > ModName mfc71.dll
    > Mod Ver 7.10.3077.0
    > Offset: 00033249
    >
    > Earthlink tech support tells me this is a windows problem.
    > So, I downloaded the mfc71.dll to reinstall it (thinking that the one
    > on the machine has become corrupt) but when I try to install it, i get
    > the message that it cannot be installed because the file is in use by
    > another program. Can you please tell me how to get this file
    > installed?
    >
    > Do I need to reinstall windows?
    > I read in the forum at the site where I downloaded the .dll file that
    > I should install it to the folder holding the program that needs to
    > use it, in other words, to the Earthlink folder. Can this be true? to
    > install it there instead of in the windows\system32 folder?
    >
    > I wandered around Microsoft Support, the knowledgebase, but there is
    > very little info regarding this .dll file and nothing helpful to me in
    > this case, so here I am begging help from my favorite forums again ;-)
    >
    > Your help is very much appreciated
    > Joanne

    Thanks so much for your help. I will give the safe mode install a try.

    Joanne wrote:

    >I installed Earthlink ISP on an older neighbor's computer, which is
    >running Windows XP SP2.
    >While I can connect them to the interent now, I have to do it manually
    >using IE because the software program that comes with Earthlink
    >(TotalAccess) cannot load due to a problem with mfc71.dll. So the user
    >has to click the Earthlink icon to get on the internet, start internet
    >explorer to receive the pages, and when finished, they have to
    >manually disconnect - Because they are older and not very computer
    >literate I would like them to be able to use the TotalAccess Earthlink
    >software instead of this more round about way because it is more
    >automatic.
    >
    >The error message details are:
    >AppName: taskpanl.exe
    >ModName mfc71.dll
    >Mod Ver 7.10.3077.0
    >Offset: 00033249
    >
    >Earthlink tech support tells me this is a windows problem.
    >So, I downloaded the mfc71.dll to reinstall it (thinking that the one
    >on the machine has become corrupt) but when I try to install it, i get
    >the message that it cannot be installed because the file is in use by
    >another program. Can you please tell me how to get this file
    >installed?
    >
    >Do I need to reinstall windows?
    >I read in the forum at the site where I downloaded the .dll file that
    >I should install it to the folder holding the program that needs to
    >use it, in other words, to the Earthlink folder. Can this be true? to
    >install it there instead of in the windows\system32 folder?
    >
    >I wandered around Microsoft Support, the knowledgebase, but there is
    >very little info regarding this .dll file and nothing helpful to me in
    >this case, so here I am begging help from my favorite forums again ;-)
    >
    >Your help is very much appreciated
    >Joanne
  4. hi

    You can solve your mfc71.dll problem .

    download link

    http://fix-all-dll-errors.com/mfc71.dll/

    hope this will help you to solve your mfc71.dll problem

    http://fix-all-dll-errors.com/mfc71.dll

    :)
  5. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Internet Service Providers DLL Windows XP