Core2Dou E6400 Temp.. Is it ok?

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Hi ,

I got my PC running over 50 degrees with these hardware and those softwares on the background .
Is that normal?

hardware :
Psu Ezcool 500W
Msi NX8800 GT
2Gb Ram CEON DDR2 800MHz
250Gb Sata2 16cache Wesern Digital HD
Core 2 Dou E6400 Proccesor .
2 CD-roms (one DVD burner the other is a reader only)

Software:
Win Xp Pro
Comodo Firewall
Nod32 Anti-virus
E-mule (with almost the highest download limit )

well thats' it .
Is it normal ?
or should I put more fans or something like that?
by the way , after windows loads up , the temp is about 41 degrees .

Best Regards,
Noam Hazon

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
What do you mean by your "PC." Is that your CPU, or your overall system temp. Makes a difference. I mean neither should really be that hot but it helps to know.

And yeah with those temps it wouldn't hurt to put in some more fans.

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
do you game? your temps are a little high( assuming your talking about your cpu temp) but they are not dangerous yet. when they get to like 60-65c thats when you start getting worried. if you game post your temps during games.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
hi barny and power ,
thanks for your reply.
first : I would like to tell you I already add another fan and cleaned and checked all my fans for giving some airflaw.
second : it still has the same temp. and I'm talking about the CPU
third: I'm from Israel and temperatures here are much above the 25 room degrees. we have about 35 degrees in my room .
finally , I do game but not a lot. I got a very nice graphic card as you may see but I don't game s much .

because of what are you 2 saying I am thing of getting a new case ,
I got 5 fans and still my pc is kinda hot as you too said so I thing a new case will solve the problem. right?

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Ok first before you go buy another case there's one more thing you could try. Check your CPU heatsink. If it's not seated right, that could be your problem.

To check: pull the heatsink off. Wipe all existing thermal grease from the base of the HS/F and reapply. Be sure not to put too much on. Then, put HS/F back on and be sure that, when you're pushing in the pins, you don't let it (the HS/F) come back off the CPU after you've already seated it. That could cause air bubbles between the surfaces. (BAD TIMES)

If you're using Arctic Silver 5 (I highly recommend you get some), go to their website and look up the instructions for applying the thermal grease.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Hi Ibuypower :)

thanks for the reply, I don't wanna sound arrogant or something but I've already done that before posting this message on .

but still thanks anyway for the patience and will to help .
seriously ...

Best Regards,
Noam

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
mmm well if it is just a problem with your cases cooling why dont you consider water cooling? im not big on it myself but. or you could look at the antec 1200(which is the same as the 900 with a couple extra fans)

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Ok, then what kind of cooler do you have??? If it's stock you may need something better. But 50* C is not worst I've ever heard of.

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008

I agree.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Hi all.
ibuypower : I've got stock fans , the one that came with the case which is no firm or something , I believe these are cheap fans I just added another fans to the case which intake air, by the way before having the NX8800 GT I didn't had this kind of temp on my PC.
Dan, already re-seat the coolers with some thermal compound .

as I wrote before , I will star changing the case , its messy no matter how I rearrange the wires inside and try to put as more wires as I can in the back of the mobo.
the NX8800 GT is huge and almost bump to my HD.
I've got a few cases in mind : antec 900 , Cooler master 690 ( I heard they are noisy , right? :[ ) , Raidmax smildon, Thermaltake Armour jr. and the Nzxt Tempest.
i like the smildon for the design , I like the antec for the cooling , I like the temp because of them both . now i need to decide which is the best for me.
I posted some messages on these cases but still got no comment .
I hope it will solve the problem, if not I will need to get a better cooling system which mean zalman's fans or thermaltake.

just a note , I'm not a heavy gamer or something , its kinda a hobby,
I don't play much I surf the INTERNET the most of the time reading stuff and watching videos on youtube but still 50 Degress its too much for me and my room is getting hot because of this.

Thank you all ,
I appreciate your help and I would really love to get more help about the cases.

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
I myself have one and as you can see by my picture, i absolutely love the Antec 900 and would strongly recomend it to anyone who is interested in a cool environment for their components.

Now remember it's definitely not quiet, by all means, but it's not the loudest of cases. It also looks fantastic!!! I mean awesome.

The two fans in the front are already blowing in and the 120 and 200mm fans in the back are exhaust. And as if that wasn't enough, there's a place on the side for a 120mm and you can also add a 120mm inside to pull even more air into the case.

I sound like a salesperson for Antec but it's just that i like the case so much that I'm telling you all this.

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
i agree with dan515 you should get the 900 but have you looked at the 1200? im not sure if any one has it in stock yet but it has a couple extra fans. i hear the smildon cases are hit and miss cases. they say ( on newegg ) that depending on were its shiped from it could arrive in terrible condition.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I cant stand the noise..
the PC is in my room and I let it run over night alot downling things with e-mule or defraging and all that..

you have got a suggestion for a quite and good case?
what makes the case be so noisy?
y mine isnt that noisy ? with all the 4 fans it has .
and its just a chip one with no brand on even.

Best Regards,
Noam

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Hi ,
barny: I looked at the link , unfortunately, I cant get these cases .
some of them I can and some I cant.
the cosmos case as you wrote cost about 2000 shekels which is like 400$.
I'm thinking towards the antec 900 , smilidon (cuz its cool, I really liked the look but I dont know much about airflow) or the coolmaster 690.

I need something thats not very noisy cuz the computer is in my room .

Dan : I have no way to make reduce the noise, its like you cant eat the cake and leave it one piece.

thanks for your replies,
Best Regards,
Noam

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
hey sorry i havent been able to check toms forums for a few days and if you get this great. basicly if you want a case with low noise get a case that has big fans ( the bigger the better cause they dont have to spin as fast to move as much air) from what it sounds like you are going to have to give a little one way or the other. can you live with a little bit higher temps and less noise or can you stand more nose and lower temps. on my case ( antec sonata 3) the loudest fan is the cpu fan ( 92mm thermaltake hts). and its loud. but the case it self is not really all that loud. but it has terrible air flow. so my suggestion would be go for the antec 900 and get used to a little more sound( you dont hear the fans as much as you hear the air they are moving) or look into water cooling.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I'm just so confused.. I went to buy the antec 900
but the sales man asked my wont you just take a good cooling fans , and stop using the stock cooling fans.

and It can be a great Idea , it less expensive and it can do the job ,but , and there is a big but around here , I dont know if it will solve the problem,
I noticed that the intake fan in the front of the computer barely takes air ,
but it spins fine and its clean .

I will do a test today I will need to take apart the front of the case , and see if the temp is getting lower , if It is It means my cooling is right , its just the case thats not cool.

thanks for your help barny.

ibuypower

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
He means that when your CPU is not under load and your temps are 50+ degrees that is within your CPU's heat limit when the air around it is 35c. That better???