GIGABYTE EP45-DQ6 help

penetralia13

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Hello all.I ve recently build a new system with GIGABYTE EP45-DQ6 mb.CPU is E8400 3GB ram Corsair 800mhz 5-5-5-12 timing and 2 SATA II HDDs.The problem is that my HD led indicator is always on for some reason.There is no spyware ad aware virus on my pc i checked many times.After downloading HardDriveIndicator can be found here (http://optionalreaction.com/software/hdi/) it shows that my HDDs are ok no continuous working but the Tower LED is always on :eek: can someone help me out?I tried reversing the HD LED pin on the motherboard but it wouldnt function at all, so i guess that its properly connected.Thanks for your time.

GenKhan2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
The only thing I can possibly think of is if you plugged the HDD light into one of the Power light spots. I have the exact same board and haven't seen this happen yet.

prarez

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
yes..i have same problem.

The led is normal when starting up the computer, but then it stay on right after windows screen appears.
I check the led cable connect to MB and it is correct.
And my computer seems working normal.

What is happening?

jean quang

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
I have GA-EP45-DS4P and it also had problem with the HDD LED .

During the bootup and POST the HDD LED flashed on once then turn off and when the window XP boot up it flashing like crazy and stay on flashing like that even no activity at all. I tried:
- Checked all HDD Cables and its Orientation, LED polarity
_ unplugged all the Plug in cards, DVD Writers and HD and left only one Master HD connect to SATA1 and the ATI 4870 on PCIE x16 ( Contained XP OS only, no antivirus program, no application software, no internet connecttion.. ) and left for 1 hour and HDD LED still flashing like crazy. Everything run at default in bios, no overclocking.

- with the same HD and video card and I tried on my cousin computer with ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe mainboard and everything run smoothly . The HDD LED NOT flashing like crazy after boot to win XP if let it idle for 1 hour or longer .

- Now, back to my rig, change my SATA HDD's to IDE HDD then problem is gone !!

- There must be something wrong between SATA connection and HDD LED and I don't know how to go from here or how to fix this problem . It really piss me off. I paid about $250 CAD for this mainboard and I expected it to be excellent working condition not like this SH** !!
All my HDDs and DVD Writers are SATA Interface ....
Is anybody know how to fix this probem or any suggestion are very much appeciated !
Thanks in advance for all inputs

cyborg28

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
Sorry, but is that the entire problem with your rig? I say disconnect the HDD activity light and be happy that you have a great working system.

Your other option would be to RMA the board... but that is asking for a world of pain.

GenKhan2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Maybe we can narrow down the circumstances for the problem to occur. How do you guys have your bios setup with respect to AHCI/RAID and SATA native/Legacy IDE modes?

epiccentury

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
This isn't really a problem. All it means is that there is some form of activity on a disk drive I/O controller. No big deal.

TRENDING THREADS