Need help on deciding on a cooler

Well i got a thermaltake big water 760i wich isnt doing great cooling my intel extreme qx9650 got up to 95c at 3.8ghz and only put 1.4v so right now im stuck on weither i should get the coolermaster v10 or a v8 or get a xigmatek or a true i was gonna get a true but problem is i dont know how to lapp and stuff and i dont wanna risk doing it so any have any suggestions id really appreciate it.

My system

Asus Rampage Formula
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.0ghz stock
Corsair Dominator DDR 2 Ram
2 Sapphire 4870x2 Crossfired
Ultra X3 1000w Psu
Antec 1200 Case
Thermaltake Bigwater 760i
1 Terribite Seagate Serial ATA c drive
1 Wester Digital 250 gig Serial ATA backup drive
Lg Super Blu Blu-ray Burner

any advice would be great on a good heatsink for my rig like i said i was thinking of the coolermaster v10 but from what i read i guess it doesnt perform too much better then the coolers that have been out for like 2 years but im still considering it.
5 answers Last reply
More about need deciding cooler
  1. Here's a link to a web site about cpu heatsinks:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

BTW - Lapping is easy. If an old fart like me can do it, then anyone can do it.
  2. ty i will take a look threw the site.
  3. I have a TRUE with an S-Flex fan that I really like. It's relatively expensive and I bought it about 2 years ago (before the HDT style coolers came out).
  4. yeah ive heard alot of good things about the true the nonctural and the xigmatek problem is deciding wich one to get i want to overclock my cpu to 4.0ghz and i need to make sure it will stay cool.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Thermaltake Overclocking