Cable management issue, Buy a new PSU or Case?

SuccessPastaTime

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Hi, I put together my first build a few months ago and have had a problem ever since. I have an Antec Three Hundred case and a PC Power and Cooling 910w power supply. The PSU isn't modular and the case doesn't have much in the way of cable management. Now I've been able to ignore it, but after installing some new hardware, I realize it's nearly impossible to add anything or maneuver inside my case due to the jungle of wires, which I've done my best at already trying to manage. Now my question is, should I purchase a modular PSU, or a new case? I've been leaning towards case since it would be cheaper. I've been looking at either the Cooler Master 912 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
or the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216

What do you guys think? Would it be a wise decision to go for a new case? I'm worried that even with better cable managment features, I will still run into issues. My PSU has so many cables.

Thanks ahead, I will be looking forward to all answers.

SuccessPastaTime

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Well, my main problem is I had to bunch all the extra cables together and tie them into my 3.5" expansion bay area, so now I can't only fit a single HDD in there, I was able to install a new SSD last night, but I am not able to mount it at all, so it's just laying at the bottom of my 5.25" expansion area.

I have a lot of hardware in it too, I got 6950s in crossfire and a Hyper 212 Heatsink on my CPU as well. It's almost impossible to even reach my hand in to unplug any cable. Trying to install that SSD took hours, most of it just trying to plug in the SATA cable.

I think I'm gonna end up buying the 912 though.

SuccessPastaTime

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I'm always worried too much tension on the cables my cause stress on the hardware? Do I really have to worry about this as much? I always freak out when I tug to hard or bump to hard a cable that is really tensly connected to my mobo or GPU.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I know the case i have the Antec 900 & it's some what the same...If your interested in your Cable M id consider a modular PSU because i do have to admit when it comes to computer case there isnt to many good looking cases out there & yours isnt to bad...Just lately i did a up grade and bought a new motherboard CPU & Ram and i kept in mind the Cable M so i tryed to pick the best over all board to meet my needs and would also be good with Cable M & i picked the Asus Sabertooth Z77 that board was made for my Antec 900 and all the hook ups are in the best spots But to help it along and you can do this also is cut a couple more oval holes to help you hide those cables.I find its a good idea because why spend more money when you dont have to..