"Buttons" missing

Got a problem... and I've noticed this on the apple discussion board a lot,
but thought it may not be an apple-exclusive problem. Download buttons do
not show up on my home laptop, but do at work (different operating systems -
work is using Windows 2000; Home XP, SP2 fully updated).

I've lowered security to Medium, enabled all images in internet tools, fully
updated all available updates - windows and java both. Nothing is working as
far as getting these buttons to show up. For your reference, the page I'm
trying to view is www.apple.com/ipod/download. The bottom left portion where
it says logon and "Download ipod software update" is missing.

As I said, it's not exclusive to apple as my local newspaper website uses
some buttons that do not appear on my home laptop, but do at work.

Any clues???? Please help!

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

My one experience with missing buttons was when the browser could not read
the HTML code correctly. For instance, if I went to one site with IE I
could see the buttons, but using Firefox I could not. If this is the case,
perhaps updating IE might help. I did see this button with the latest
Firefox and IE.

Otherwise, the button takes you to a secure server (https) and a form page
using 128 bit encryption. This should not keep the button from showing, I
don't believe. I am not an expert in this area, I can only guess.

By the way, are you using the Windows firewall? Do you see any notation
bars near the top of the browser window?

Clark

"LauraC" <LauraC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Got a problem... and I've noticed this on the apple discussion board a
> lot,
> but thought it may not be an apple-exclusive problem. Download buttons do
> not show up on my home laptop, but do at work (different operating
> systems -
> work is using Windows 2000; Home XP, SP2 fully updated).
>
> I've lowered security to Medium, enabled all images in internet tools,
> fully
> updated all available updates - windows and java both. Nothing is working
> as
> far as getting these buttons to show up. For your reference, the page I'm
> trying to view is www.apple.com/ipod/download. The bottom left portion
> where
> it says logon and "Download ipod software update" is missing.
>
> As I said, it's not exclusive to apple as my local newspaper website uses
> some buttons that do not appear on my home laptop, but do at work.
>
> Any clues???? Please help!

I had downloaded firefox only to find out that the same problem existed. I
have the latest IE, all updates are current. I have disabled my mcafee
firewall and the windows firewall and tried alternating that set up, still no
buttons.

I don't know what you mean by the notation bars at the top of the window.
Can you explain?