akarainer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Hi. I'm planning to get this mobo because it seems to be very popular and it's also cheap.
Now i'm wondering what types of video cards could it support? Like.. is there a list somewhere that shows the SLi compatibility with this motherboard?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188013

And if so, could someone post it up for me? or send me the link.
It's greatly appreciated. =]

Also for the memory... they have the standard DDR2 800... then on the side it has 1200(OC). Does that mean when i over clock it, it turns into 1200? Or.. does that mean i could put a DDR2 1200 into it? I'm pretty sure it's the first option.. but i'm just clarifying.

For the memory, I will have
4 gigs DDR2 ( 2 x 1 GB -rated at 1200MHz Kingston HyperX, 2 x 1 GB -rated at 1066Mhz Kingston HyperX )

Do you think this will be enough for gaming wise? or should i get better ones? and maybe more memory? Since the mobo can support up to 8gb. I'm actually planning to play.. Maybe Warhammer Online once it comes out. Or Left 4 Dead. I'm not sure if their graphics are as overwhelming as Crysis, but i want everything to run smoothly.

G

yeah don't get it... I got it... about a year ago... worst mobo ever... constantly reboots the system... its a known fact that this board just reboots...

also if supports quads... but can't over clock them.... and its not great for overclocking dual cores either... you can barely get the FSB over 400 w/o it becoming unstable

also it doesn't like my ram in dual channel mode... one of the worst mobos i've ever bought... but i've got it to a point where its not really acting up anymore so I guess thats good.... go for a good x38, or p45 they are generally cheap now

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=nVidia+chipset+data+corruption+issues&meta= follow up on a few of these links before considering any nVidia based motherboards. You can buy much better boards than that at a better price. Plus the fact that SLI is more marketing hype than value.