Starting a Website

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
hey everyone i started to make a website about computers i dont have much on it yet but can you guys just check it out and let me know what you guys think. Just so i know if im headed in the right direction.

http://kzkomputers.wordpress.com/

thanks

what i would like to do is make the site different from all the other computer sites but i dont know how yet. I want it to be unique and stand out. Some thing new that other pc websites dont offer. Sorry if i posted it in the wrong section but in the future i do want to own a business whether its a website or some kind of a store or what not. All your opinions will be appreciated thanks.

Clean , precise, to-the-point. I like it, considering the crappy one I do in web design at school.

Creat tutorial videos of your own and put them on your site.

How about your first one will be how to assemble a basic computer.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
k thanks for looking will try to fix the comment and haha you already on to me. my next post was going to be how to put a computer together but maybe il make a video like you say.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
hmm i just tried it and it works, maybe try using a different web browser i really dont know why its not working for you but if you do post one i have to approve it in order for it to show up

Also, try to categorize. I noticed your pages are only one and two. if you do stuff like Beginners posts and Gamers posts and Server Posts, you could organize it better.

If I may, i would like to be your first contributor to your site. Be part of the Administration on the THG side.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
yes you may make an account on www.wordpress.com and let me get the email you used and ill add you as a contributer :)

and the categorizes your talking about well this is like a blog site so all the news and new stuff i post is on the home page while the categories are on the side and i only have one which is the beginners guide. But i can make a separate pages so such as it has home , about and i could create gamers and other pages thanks for brining that up might have to try that

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
i just tried it and im not no pro at this but i dont think you can do that i can make a page called newbie but i cant post in it all i can do is just write like a description or whatever i want but i cant make posts that will be updated in the newbie page as the posts go under different categories and the latest posts gets displayed on the home page so people can read whats new.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Just sign up for wordpress and the email you use tell me what it is and ill add you, you should then get an email about it. And for the videos i was thinking if i cant do it straight on the site il put up a link and it will be on youtube.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
lol but actually talking about it you can put up vids lol i started making this other site

www.ohmynutz.wordpress.com

lol this was just something i could mess around with

Okay. So how can I contribute to the website. Should there be something likew acontributors page where it lists:

Contributors user name
Status
list of info shared

This is just me. Don't do it if you don't want to.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
so you want to make a page about our info right ?

and contribute with anything like info, and posts bout computers, whats new, Gamers, game strategies, Review products, like best places to buy from for computers, maybe a page to share your own rig, some software use, anything whatever you do il see it first and then i can approve it if i like it :)

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
lol u gotta play around with it man u have all your options on the side if u want to post something you click on the post tab and write, then u categories you can make as well, if you just want to make the page about us the just add it on the about page, go to pages on the side menu

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
i didint start yet on the video ima write a brief explanation about how to do it or maybe il make short vids and write under them so if people dont understand they can read it. But for the about section you cant post, you have to go to the page it self and just type it in there, so all the stuff i wrote there just write it under that.