Sign in with
Your question

Update Issue

Last response: in Windows Vista
September 20, 2012 2:06:25 PM

Just updated a HP desktop Vista Home Premium machine. Boot goes to the welcome screen then goes black. My monitor has a power and a video signal light and both remain on. Have never had success with the selective startup but it might be my inexperience with it.

In safe mode with networking I can get online to post this issue and obviously the display is working. Looking for guidance on this.

More about : update issue

September 20, 2012 3:42:16 PM

mnewsome said:
Just updated a HP desktop Vista Home Premium machine. Boot goes to the welcome screen then goes black. My monitor has a power and a video signal light and both remain on. Have never had success with the selective startup but it might be my inexperience with it.

In safe mode with networking I can get online to post this issue and obviously the display is working. Looking for guidance on this.

What type of update did you do ? In safe mode, go to add/remove programs (show updates) and uninstall the update.
m
l
September 28, 2012 10:33:57 PM

ksiemb said:
What type of update did you do ? In safe mode, go to add/remove programs (show updates) and uninstall the update.

The update was SP1 but uninstalling still leaves a black display. The monitor has a power led and a video signal led... both on. Still need some guidance. I know about scripts that might address such issues without the benefit of video. Hoping for specific guidance on this issue.
m
l
!