Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

.net 2.0 be die in .Net Framework 3.5 SP1???

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 7, 2010 3:30:48 AM

Hi all,
I don't know what's happening for me. I used WinXP SP3 32b OS, I installed .net framework 3.5 sp1 on it, after that I check .net 2.0...it's die! Into control panel, I see that .net 2.0 sp2, .net 3.0 sp2 but .net 3.5 sp1???

I think that with WinXP sp3 OS can not fit with .net 3.5 SP1?? is that my ideal correct?

Hope you help me now! :( 
thanks!
September 7, 2010 5:57:57 AM

duongnq said:
Hi all,
I don't know what's happening for me. I used WinXP SP3 32b OS, I installed .net framework 3.5 sp1 on it, after that I check .net 2.0...it's die! Into control panel, I see that .net 2.0 sp2, .net 3.0 sp2 but .net 3.5 sp1???

I think that with WinXP sp3 OS can not fit with .net 3.5 SP1?? is that my ideal correct?

Hope you help me now! :( 
thanks!


[#0005ff]You wouldn't have had the update if it won't work with XP. Is this causing a problem and if so, what?[/#000ff]
September 8, 2010 4:10:25 AM

I mean that I installed .net framework3.5 sp1, then check .net 2.0 is be died. I expect that when install .net framework3.5 sp1 so .net2.0 not die. That's my problem!
Related resources
September 8, 2010 7:14:49 AM

duongnq said:
I mean that I installed .net framework3.5 sp1, then check .net 2.0 is be died. I expect that when install .net framework3.5 sp1 so .net2.0 not die. That's my problem!


[#0005ff]NetFramework depends onall its updates to work properly so you can't uninstall previous updates. A new update does not include the contents of the previous ones.[/#000ff]
September 8, 2010 7:24:56 PM

Are you saying that .net 2 does not work now that 3.5 is on there? What is happening that makes you think that? Prior versions of .net do not get deleted when a new version is installed.
September 9, 2010 2:02:34 AM

Before I install .net 3.5 on my machine which is clear, it has only OS (my OS is XP sp3 32b)! When I install .net 3.5 sp1, it include .net 2.0 sp2, .net 3.0 sp2 and .net 3.5 sp1 standing on machine! then I try to run .net 2.0 on Cmd, but...impossible! :(  what is it going on?
September 9, 2010 7:56:48 AM

duongnq said:
Before I install .net 3.5 on my machine which is clear, it has only OS (my OS is XP sp3 32b)! When I install .net 3.5 sp1, it include .net 2.0 sp2, .net 3.0 sp2 and .net 3.5 sp1 standing on machine! then I try to run .net 2.0 on Cmd, but...impossible! :(  what is it going on?


[#0005ff]Why are you trying to use Command to run version 2.0? It doesn what it's supposed to do whenever a file that requires it calls for it.[/#000ff]
September 9, 2010 8:34:45 AM

My work must install .net 3.5sp1 but only user .net 2.0. I check .net 2.0 on Cmd by command: "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -lk"

--> the dialog waring appears --> ???!!!???
September 9, 2010 8:37:55 AM

And is it stopping anything from working? Does it matter?
September 9, 2010 9:02:57 AM

yep! :(  my working is pending, stucking,...
September 9, 2010 9:11:41 AM

I'm afraid that you are not making it very clear what your problem is. Reading between the lines, it seems to be:

1. You have a program that used to run under .NET 2.
2. You have now installed .NET 3.5.
3. The program that used to run now produces an error dialog.

Is this correct? If so, what is the program that is giving the error and can you reproduce, exactly, the error message that it is giving.
September 11, 2010 4:34:42 AM

I killed them, the problem is SEP!
Thanks for your help and appreciation about that!
September 11, 2010 5:54:34 AM

duongnq said:
I killed them, the problem is SEP!
Thanks for your help and appreciation about that!


[#0005ff]
Assuming you mean DEP, that would explain a thing or two. Glad you got it sorted in the end.
[/#000ff]
September 15, 2010 1:57:05 AM

yeah! all of two problems were kicked out. With .net 2.0 sp2 non-run and .net3.5 sp1 are Ok. The wrong things appear in SEP, so SEP was disable .net2.0
!