24 inch monitor comparison

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hello,

I want to upgrade my monitor. I am considering two from the link. Please give me your suggestions. I will be watching blu ray movies on the monitor. It seems to me that both of them produce high def resolution but the pricier model has HDMI. As far as i know , i do not need HDMI as long as i have DVI. Right? Also, i will be using on board sound or probably, add in a dedicated sound card later. But, please focus only on video quality.

But, the more expensive model is advertised as full HD support. I do not see that claim in the cheapter model. Even though i think both can support HD, i would like to have your thoughts on that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020+50001077+1309821328&StoreType=7&CompareItemList=N82E16824001234%2cN82E16824001246&bop=And

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

threep

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
The more expensive HDMI monitor will allow you to connect your HD converter/tuner directly to the monitor using a single cable. Also, some new camcorders that record in HD have an HDMI output that would also connect to your monitor.

That's the reason for the cost difference. Other than that, they are pretty much the same.

8)

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006

Thank you for the information. What i understand from the link is that Active Matrix, TFT LCD panel is better than TN and is more suitable for notebook.

Is it worth to pay almost twice the amount for that feature?
Isn't the cheaper model able to view HD? Why don't they say Full HD support on the cheaper one as in the expensive one?

I am just curious where do you find the cheaper model uses TN panel. I can get the cheaper one for only $ 350.

Thank you for reading and your thoughts.

threep

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
The real question is, what are your needs?

Do you need to be able to watch (but not record) HDTV (from a cable box, satellite receiver, HD antenna, camcorder, etc) on your computer monitor? If so, get the more expensive monitor.

8)