New/Used LG DVD RW+-

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
I have purchased a nice HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22LS50 ( LG ) and it works fine. I pull up Computer Icon to show me the mechanicals in my system and my drive shows ( bluebird ) with 6 files attached to it. I eject the drive and there is no disk. I am afraid of viruses,therefore I use a lot of protection. I took these 6 files, all very small and put them in a subdir on my Hard disk. I put in another disk and it all came out alright. Do I have a need to worry?
Thank you so much for listening and possibly giving a reason.
David
DaveF1953@yahoo.com

Solution
Those 6 files were probably there because someone else was planning to burn them on a disc. Windows' built-in burning tool requires you to copy files to the drive, as a representation that you want those particular files to be burnt when you start the burning process.

r_manic

Administrator
Those 6 files were probably there because someone else was planning to burn them on a disc. Windows' built-in burning tool requires you to copy files to the drive, as a representation that you want those particular files to be burnt when you start the burning process.

Solution

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time toease my worries. I sesnsed there was no threat, but better to know for sure. If I could, may I bother you with one more problem?
It's no sweat if you don't reply, but, What do I do when I have put another unit together and do not have drivers to get to the net to download them? I have another computer which I can get to the site and download the files, but I don't have any burner software to get them on a DVD for the other to read ( even though it can't because of no drivers.)
Would you believe I've been in this field for a long time. I realize I'm asking a lot, but if I could only find something in Vista Ultimate to get me to share DVD's Yeah.
Thanks for the answer to the Bluebird files.
Dave

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009

How do I get you in as the best answer to my question? They said something about a Gold Cup. I really think this forum needs a re-vamp.
Dave

2bad4U

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

Here's how it is ...

Hardware: LG GH22NS50 DVD/RW

Problem: firmware TN00

Solution: firmware TN01

Those files (bluebirds) are someones bad idea.It is a software, integrated in firmware.Supose to work like "drag and burn" - probably even does ...

Just remember to open (eject) drive tray, before updating firmware ...

some info 1

some info 2 (links and pics too)

official lg firmware update - for GH22NS50 only (of course)

:hello:

PS. for some reason I could not edit my post, so ...