Need Help With Screen Saver

August 12, 2005 8:58:47 PM

I have developed a screen saver in VB v6 which works very well with
most versions of Windows except XP home. The screen saver, and related
software and info, are downloadable at my web site at :

http://www.homestead.com/giannoni/sa18.html

For some unknown reason, in Windows XP home, when the screen saver
activates naturally, it becomes a minimized icon next to the Start
button, which will then yield an error when clicked.

Help and / or productive suggestions from anyone will be greatly
appreciated, & thanks ! ....

More about : screen saver

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:09:55 PM

Hi Stephen,

You need to address this in a VB group. I would suspect it involves
permissions, but that's just a WAG.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Stephen G. Giannoni" <E-mailAddressWitheld@No-ISP.com> wrote in message
>I have developed a screen saver in VB v6 which works very well with
> most versions of Windows except XP home. The screen saver, and related
> software and info, are downloadable at my web site at :
>
> http://www.homestead.com/giannoni/sa18.html
>
> For some unknown reason, in Windows XP home, when the screen saver
> activates naturally, it becomes a minimized icon next to the Start
> button, which will then yield an error when clicked.
>
> Help and / or productive suggestions from anyone will be greatly
> appreciated, & thanks ! ....
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 5:18:09 PM

Thanks for responding.

Where do I find a "VB group." ?

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:09:55 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
<rick@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi Stephen,
>
>You need to address this in a VB group. I would suspect it involves
>permissions, but that's just a WAG.
Related resources
August 13, 2005 5:18:10 PM

Stephen G. Giannoni wrote:

> Thanks for responding.
>
> Where do I find a "VB group." ?
>
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:09:55 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
> <rick@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Hi Stephen,
>>
>>You need to address this in a VB group. I would suspect it involves
>>permissions, but that's just a WAG.

Here's a list of all the Microsoft newsgroups:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hi Stephen

A place to start:

--

> Thanks for responding.
>
> Where do I find a "VB group." ?
>
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:09:55 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
> <rick@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Hi Stephen,
>>
>>You need to address this in a VB group. I would suspect it involves
>>permissions, but that's just a WAG.

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 7:08:07 PM

I click any listed newsgroup at that site, and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 07:12:59 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
wrote:

>Stephen G. Giannoni wrote:
>
>> Thanks for responding.
>>
>> Where do I find a "VB group." ?
>>
>> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:09:55 -0400, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
>> <rick@mvps.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Stephen,
>>>
>>>You need to address this in a VB group. I would suspect it involves
>>>permissions, but that's just a WAG.
>
>Here's a list of all the Microsoft newsgroups:
>
>http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
>
>Malke
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 11:24:14 PM

You may need to set up an account for the new server msnews.microsoft.com -
the server is free and does not require you to logon. I don't know how to
do that in Forte Agent.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com