Sign in with
Your question

Monitor

Last response: in Windows Vista
September 24, 2012 3:08:04 PM

Hello,
Hi i am trying to connect my computer to tv, conected all cables, when i turn my pc on my screen goes blank

More about : monitor

September 24, 2012 8:32:25 PM

marie_55 said:
Hello,
Hi i am trying to connect my computer to tv, conected all cables, when i turn my pc on my screen goes blank

Marie: Do you have the correct cable, ?
September 25, 2012 6:01:33 AM

Yes i think so, i connected cable VGA male/male,
Related resources
September 25, 2012 8:09:38 AM

marie_55 said:
Yes i think so, i connected cable VGA male/male,

Dis-connect the cable, so that Windows starts up. Look in Event Viewer as well as Device Manager for errors.
September 25, 2012 10:32:27 AM

ksiemb said:
Dis-connect the cable, so that Windows starts up. Look in Event Viewer as well as Device Manager for errors.

I have found that in the Event Veiwer its saying that Adminitrative Events Discription is saying Critical Error and warning avents from all administrive logs.
ould you please tell me what to do next. Thank you
September 25, 2012 12:57:53 PM

marie_55 said:
I have found that in the Event Veiwer its saying that Adminitrative Events Discription is saying Critical Error and warning avents from all administrive logs.
ould you please tell me what to do next. Thank you

http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/How-To-Connect-a-...
a c 104 C Monitor
September 27, 2012 1:52:34 PM

Is the TV the only monitor connection you are using? Did you set the correct resolution for the model of TV you have? Did you change the input on the TV to the VGA?
September 28, 2012 8:50:13 AM

Yes the tv is my only monitor I cant find what resoluon s on my tv s i havent got the manual i'v tryed to find on line with o luck.
My TV IS LG.
MODEL NUMER 20L S5R.
When i want to, all i see changete inpu from tv to VGA all i see is AV1 OR AV2.
September 29, 2012 9:44:01 AM

I have set tereolution as reqiured, but i still my compter screen turns off, and no signal on tv using the VGA cable.
Am i using the correct cable as my tv does have this socket, or would i need to get S-VIDIO CABLE OR SCART LEAD i am really sorry your probably getting fed up of me by now but i am o that fantstic with techlogy, i thank you for your patience.
Marie
a c 104 C Monitor
October 1, 2012 2:17:05 PM

I just checked the TV specs, it does not have a VGA input, the plug you are connecting it to may be a service port used to adjust the set if there are any issues.

It has:
Video Interface: Composite, S-Video, SCART

None of those are VGA. Look at the TV again, and make sure what the connections are.
October 5, 2012 7:35:07 AM

Hi thanks for your reply, just a question, would i benifit from purchasing a vga to hdmi converter, would you reccmend this type of connection would it make life simpler, i know that they are not cheap.
Kind Regards
Marie
a c 104 C Monitor
October 5, 2012 4:59:14 PM

Your TV does not have HDMI either, so no, no use to get one. VGA to HDMI converters are pricy for a usable one. VGA is an analog signal, HDMI is digital, so the converter needs to be one that actively converts from analog to digital.
!