Seriously now doing AMD to Intel Facelift

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
I'm not scared of DDR3's price or that of the 790i motherboards. I don't like Hong Kong parts. So this leaves me with the eVGA model. Might go Taiwan on occasion and try to stick to USA only product, but that's not the point. Do you think that there will be more chip sets coming out BEFORE the release of Nahelem? For example an 800i+? I have everything but the DDR3 RAM, 790i mobo, and the Intel processor with after market cooler. Looking at a Tuniq Tower or Arctic Cooler 7 to replace my Zalman 9700CNPS (unless you guys say no). I am very torn between a quad-core and dual-core. This is pretty much for gaming only so dual core is better right? but am getting seduced by the thought of 4 cores (convince me to get a wolfdale) over a Q9700. I don't care about the price.

Also, will any of the parts drop in price with the release of the Radeon 4000 series if so I'd definately hold off until then.

And also, what is Zotac's reputation for motherboards and video cards? :sleep:

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Hi: Here are the three I chose on

1. 4GB DDR3 2000 OCZ black
2. eVGA 790i
3. Q9450

$1300 just for that and darn cooler slipped my mind. Oh well it comes with a stock cooler. Don't think it's gonna work because he has bad credit because of me buying computer stuff lol.

akhilles

Splendid
Yup there'll be new chips for sure, but it might not be worth the wait if you already have other parts. See you buy them at these prices, you can't built it w/o a cpu/ram. You wait for 6 months. The part prices will have dropped by then. Your parts depreciate in value.

The e8600 is coming. The e8200 should be shortlived in a short while. Cuz when the new chips are rolled out, the old chips get price cuts.

Also, the P45 is getting a lot of attention from manufacturers since it'll be the last s775 chipset. It may as well be the best selling chipset since not everyone is upgrading to nehalem.