Closed

Cannot Display This Video Mode

hi, i messed up apparently now i have no idea how to fix this.
I was messing around with the settings on my Gforce 8800GT and i put the refresh rate up to high by accident, i was just seeing how high it could go.

anyway

now im stuck at a screen that says
"Cannon Display This Video Mode"
"Optimum Resolution 1280x1024 60Hz"

I cant get by this screen, I cant even change my moniter settings from this screen
I rebooted and went to the F2 set up screen to change my moniter settings and still it did nothing.

I have no clue how to fix this.
20 answers Last reply
More about cannot display video mode
  1. Boot your operating system into safe mode, automatically kicks everything down to 16bit, 600x800 res.
  2. how do i do that?
  3. http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml
    read this link, it covers every windows version
  4. if anything just unintall the drivers in safe mode, boot into windows and then reinstall drivers for graphics card
  5. i booted in safe mode changed the resolution and that still didnt do anything

i dont understand.
  6. You need to change the hertz that the video card is sending at, kick it down to 60 that is default.
  7. display settings/advanced settings/ monitor
  8. alright

i cant seem to find the option to change the Hz
  9. fixed, thanks.
  10. yup no prob, had the same problem before myself.
  11. hey im having the same problem. how do you get to display settings?
  12. Well necroed, try right clicking on desktop.
  13. then what?
  14. its my new comp and i really want to get it up.
  15. Click on 'Properties'.
  16. im in safe mode. it wont let me change anything.
  17. i did but im in safe mode so nothing is really working.
  18. I tried going into safe mode but it still wouldn't let me do anything. I keep on getting a black screen with a "Cannot Display This Video Mode. Optimum resolution 1280X1024 60Hz"
    Please help
  19. HelpMePlease85 said:
    hi, i messed up apparently now i have no idea how to fix this.
    I was messing around with the settings on my Gforce 8800GT and i put the refresh rate up to high by accident, i was just seeing how high it could go.

anyway

now im stuck at a screen that says
    "Cannon Display This Video Mode"
    "Optimum Resolution 1280x1024 60Hz"

I cant get by this screen, I cant even change my moniter settings from this screen
    I rebooted and went to the F2 set up screen to change my moniter settings and still it did nothing.

I have no clue how to fix this.

After searching tons of forums I found this and it is simple and it works!!!

Restart the computer and put into "safe mode" by pressing F8. On the safe mode screen select "Enable VGA mode". It will then prompt you to start Windows, just press enter. Now you can go into your control panel and change the screen resolution (start-control panel-display-settings) and if necessary, the screen refresh rate (start-control panel-display-settings-advanced-"monitor" tab). Be sure to press "apply" after making the changes. Now restart the computer normally.

I hope this works for you as well!
  20. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Video Graphics Displays